New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29029 times)

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2018, 10:00:36 PM »
The 16 is in the winner paid light and the 3 is in coin played. If it was a code the numbers would be like then you see the 61-1 together. To me that machine is saying it had/has a hopper malfunction 3100 possblie after paying 16 coins on a 3 coin play..

The only thing I have done since using the cleaar chip was a few spins on test credits and they all paid out properly.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »
When you say test credits are you referring to the white test button by the coin in optics? That will allow you to spin the reels and should add up credits that would have been won under normal playing conditions with $$ being used. They go away once the doors closed and the game boots up to be played.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2018, 01:51:54 AM »
There you go, it's still in test mode
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »
Why is this machine not exiting test mode when turned off? Machine off then back on should have it looking for door closed. That is when you should try aligning optics. When they are aligned display will go blank, reels will spin right to left, the display will come back on, ready for a paid game. Dropping coins with door open state will cause code 21.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2018, 03:20:10 PM »
One thing keeps crossing my mine and I’m not sure it matters, but I would pull the ram chip off the MPU and ground it out on a metal surface for 30 second to a minute. Them reinstall it to see what the machine does? It should work like doing a clear on the board. It just a thought :Scratch-Head:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

• NLG
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2018, 11:49:15 AM »
I've done it, and from what I can tell it's gone full-circle.

After using the clear chip (and clearing a few error codes starting with 61) I was back to the point of being able to use the button on the coin optic to give me test credits and the machine worked fine with that (like it did before). The Insert Coin light was on but all coins fell straight through to the tray (just like before).

I tried unplugging the CC to see if it would skip on through to the optics and got a code 21 error. From that point, the 21 has been stuck, opening and shutting the door isn't working (like before). The only difference that I know of is now the coin optics do not have Q4 because I removed it.

The credit button (near the coin optics) only worked until this happened. If I used the clear chip again it would probably do the same ting I'm assuming. Except now I don't see the code 21, I only see the 3100 and 16-3 alternating.

• NLG
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »
So I went a little rogue and used the clear chip again, since I can still use the test credit button for a little slot enjoyment in the meanwhile! Howeever, I am afraid to press the test button since it will put me right back to the error code 21 that we couldn't get rid of!

Does it suggest anything that after I use the clear chip and turn on the machine the test credit button works? The insert coin light comes on and everything seems fine, but it just won't accept money.

QUOTE FROM EARLIER: After I used the clear chip it would do the reel spin, work fine with test credits (the hopper worked fine also) but it would not take money, although the "insert coins" light was on. As soon as I messed with the CC/Optics it went back to code 21.

Fixed tiny font issue, again.  -knagl
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:08:00 PM by knagl »

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2018, 05:04:18 PM »
I am very curious. Can you list the steps and actions you are doing for the clear? I thought the 21 came from inserting coins? Then you said something about getting it with the pseudo coin button. After clearing the machine are you using the set chip for denom. and BV on? Are you trying to align the optics with the machine NOT in test mode?

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »
I have not used the set chip after using the clear chip. Maybe that's the problem? I don't think anyone mentioned that you need to use it immediately after using the clear chip.

After using the clear chip the insert coin light and the $.25 light are on on the display, no others. Coins fall right through. When doing the 13_1 test with the door open the screen displays a 13_0 UNTIL the I close the door, then it displays a solid 13_1 (rather than a toggling 101010etc.)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2018, 05:42:13 PM »
Please stop doing the 13 test and work more on aligning the optics through the reel glass. Get those sucker's aligned

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2018, 05:47:21 PM »
Please stop doing the 13 test and work more on aligning the optics through the reel glass. Get those sucker's aligned

They look as aligned as they can possibly be, I don't know how to align them any more than they already are. Unless there's some trick like one has to be 45 degrees and the other had to mirror it I don't know how else to align them.

The 13 test is the only way to confirm they are aligned anyways, correct?

• NLG
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2018, 06:03:10 PM »
I go through the service menu until it goes blank. The reels do their initialization spin and then the display lights up (showing me the last known bet/pay from when I use the test credits). Insert coin light is also on.

I believe it's out of service mode but I honestly have no idea at this point since the machine doesn't seem to be making any sense

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2018, 11:10:34 PM »
I go through the service menu until it goes blank. The reels do their initialization spin and then the display lights up (showing me the last known bet/pay from when I use the test credits). Insert coin light is also on.

Everything you described in your last post indicates that the machine is ready to accept a coin and play.

When you open the door and then close it, do the LED displays (such as the number in the Coins Played display) go blank for a second or two, then return?  If so, that's an indication that your door optics are working properly.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2018, 07:36:19 AM »
I need you to do three things: If you to get your machine working.

with the machine as you described:  close the door and put the latch all the way down, insert a coin, what happens??

open the door, get into the input test mode,  where 10_1 is shown in the window, do the test for each optic and tell me what happens on 10_1, 11_1 and 12_ 1, 11_1 can also be toggled by using the small white test button.

now do test 13, and tell me what happens when the door is closed and the latch all the way down.

If you send me your board, and the entire CC-16 assembly complete with harness I will test them in my machine, it will only cost you the price of shipping both ways, 13.65 each way.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »

I go through the service menu until it goes blank. The reels do their initialization spin and then the display lights up (showing me the last known bet/pay from when I use the test credits).

I went to one of my machines, opened the door, pressed the pseudo coin button and played a few spins until I won something. When I closed and latched the door the displays went blank, the reels spun right to left and came to rest in the last position of a PAID game, not test game. I then repeated it again and this time when I closed the door, I lifted the handle to break the optics. It then spun the reels right to left to the last TEST game. I believe your machine is seeing the optics close for a second then breaking. This is why I keep pushing aligning with the door closed and moving optics so slightly through the reel glass. Once they align you will see the display go blank. We have a 3 hour time difference, so getting on the phone with you would be tough. I am normally home for about an hour then go to bed. Go to work, then spend time at the hospital with my wife, then back home, shower, computer, bed again.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal