New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Machines BV wiring/connectors seem to be missing  (Read 1830 times)

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Machines BV wiring/connectors seem to be missing
« on: March 22, 2019, 08:23:58 PM »
I have an S2000 machine which has no bill validator. I would like to install an MEI SC6602 kit, but upon close examination of the machine I can't find the small flat connectors to connect to. The wiring doesn't seem to be there.

Can I solve this by making my own harness with a standard Netplex connector on one end and just splice the other end to the BV harness ?
I have a wiring diagram for the Netplex connector but not for the MEI bill validator harness. I don't know the color code. Does anyone have documentation on this ?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:24:29 PM by dailey »

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Machines BV wiring/connectors seem to be missing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:37:56 AM »
here is a pic of the mei harness

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 07:41:37 AM »
and a little bit closer on the big plug

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
hope this will help:

The bill validator connector is J-10 on the motherboard, it has 12 pins.

Pin 1  red wire                   
pin 2 black/red wire   these wires would be the power connection. they go to the small two pin connector.

pin3&4  no connection

pin5 blue/grey wire
pin6 green wire,  these are for the cash can switch.

pin 7 green/black   pin 1 of the connector     mreset\
pin 8 green/brown   pin 2 of the connector   netplex_rxd
pin 9 green/red  pin 3 of the connector         net + vdc
pin 10 green/orange  pin 4 of the connector  netplex_txd
pin11  green/blue   pin 5 of the connector    net ground
pin12  no connection

pin1  black/yellow
pin2  yellow/black  these go to a connection behind reel #1, they go to the door bezel ,they hook up to the connector that has 4 pins but only 2 wires.

I may have some old harness around that I could send to you and you could splice them into the wire bundle.

let me know

Jim

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:14:31 AM by Jim »

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 01:15:00 PM »

Thanks Jim, this is exactly what I needed. I sent you a PM.

I was studying the door for the bill validator bezel installation and discovered there is no wiring or connector for the bezel light board. Normally there is a small black 4 pin connector with 2 red wires and 2 yellow/black wires. I understand that these 2 yellow/black wires connect to the bill validator 4 pin connector. Where do the 2 red wires go ?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 01:58:53 PM »
it is a four pin connector,
pin 1 is a red wire,  it would have gone to pin 20A of the door I/O   it is 13vdc
pin2 is a red/blue wire, it would have gone to pin 21B of the door I/O   it is a/grd.

you could find any source of 13vdc, and hook it up to pin 1  any solid red wire in the machine should have 13 vdc.  any red wire with a black tracer in the machine will be a ground for it.

any metal surface should be at a/grd potential. 

the yellow and black  and black and yellow go back to the bill unit, this is no more than a dc voltage that will turn on the lamps, the 13vdc and ground are there via pins 1 and 2, the signal from the bill unit turns on a opto to put the ground to the lamps.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 08:43:15 AM »
found a harness with all the connectors, don't think the main plug will plug into the motherboard, but you will have all the other connections you need, including the yellow and black for the door bezel.

it's  in the mail.

Jim

Signature:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal