**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > CEI and Cal Omega Video Poker Games

CEI FREE PLAY WIRING

(1/1)

shortrackskater:
This was for a 906 board but may work on others. (From Alan/Badbaud)

On the coin comparator cable is a small module enclosed in plastic, on the machine side is a red and black wire.
Remove the two wires from the bet one switch and attach the machine side
of the red and black wires to the COM and N/O of the bet one switch.
I had to add about 12" of wire to make the connections.
Now, when you tap the bet one button the game will see a coin in.
If you hold the bet one button down to long you will get a coin in tilt so just open the door and press the reset error button.
For home use this is a quick fix for a game that was in a bar and reports MUX Error.

Straycat:
Would this work with the 906 III? also do you just attach the wires to the ones already there or disconnect them?

Badbaud:
It was done on a 906 III
Cut the original wires and attach the machine side ends to the switch.

SolidSilver:
Interesting concept, and certainly more universal than just CEI.Every coin-op machine has a microswitch at the end of the coin-travel chute: any coin that makes it that far, without rejection for various reasons, triggers a "Coin In" signal.I would imagine that you could parallel that switch's wiring with any pushbutton to give a free "Coin In" signal. If the machine does not have the equivalent of a "Bet One" button,  you could install a pushbutton on the wooden side of the machine to serve the purpose.
I'll try it out on a coupla' my machines, and see if it's really that simple.

SolidSilver:
Well of course, I should have known. Any machine with a logic board (like the CEI) will be looking at that switch through a timer window: if a "slow" coin holds the switch ON too long (in microseconds), it will trigger an error. So yes, you can use a pushbutton switch, BUT you need to poke that switch and release it very quickly. You might get the hand of it immediately, but it would be a problem for your guests.
Hmmmmm....; there's probably a simple way to insert a pulse-gate in line with the switch, such that no matter how long you hold the button down, it will only give a single instantaneous ON pulse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version