New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: After Clear+Key = Missing Menu Options: Double Diamonds Haywire IGT s2000  (Read 1130 times)

Offline spaceman.project

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • spaceman.project New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi all,

Very green to the board and to slot machines in general.  I am a bit of a stereo / instrument tinkerer so when my dad inherited a couple slot machines that stopped working from his mom, I offered to try to help get them back in working order.  I have 2 slot machines.  1 appears to be DOA and the other described in this post below seems to be close to working--but I need some help!

Machine: Double Diamonds Haywire

What I've done so far:
  • Replace the coin battery w/ a new battery holder + replacement battery (LIR2032 3.6v)
  • Replace green stacked battery
  • Run through code clearing (00097) + re-key (00017) multiple times as per directions found here

When I run through the process of clearing + re-keying, I get to the final steps and instead of receiving the 7 KEY CHIP CONFIG message, I get the Machine Type Mismatch - Close Door M error AFTER I replace the SB chip at the end of the process.  Then I close the door and turn the key once, I get to the config menu, but only have options: 1 (accounting), 2 (history displays) and 4 (I/O tests).

VIDEO LINKED HERE

I believe I need to get to the 7's and 3's for the necessary config to get this thing up-and-running again.

I've searched and searched and think that I am missing something obvious and/or not using the right search terms to find my issue.  Any guidance from the wizards here?

thanks in advance!

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
You're not doing the procedure correctly. After the machine type mismatch, install the key chip, wait for 2 amber lights, shut it off. Replace the base chip, turn it on. Do NOT close the door. Do not turn the key. Key chip config should appear on the vfd. Then you can navigate the key chip menu using the buttons. Once you close the door it will exit the menu.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline spaceman.project

• NLG

You were 100% right!  just got it working after following the correct process and dealing with a bill validator seating error -- now running like a charm for the first time!  Thank you for the quick response and support.  Great and informative forum!

You're not doing the procedure correctly. After the machine type mismatch, install the key chip, wait for 2 amber lights, shut it off. Replace the base chip, turn it on. Do NOT close the door. Do not turn the key. Key chip config should appear on the vfd. Then you can navigate the key chip menu using the buttons. Once you close the door it will exit the menu.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
I have never once had to put the sb chip in between key and clear. If your game clears properly on the first shot you should be able to set most of the key chip menu options on first boot even if you didnt put the key chip in at all. In a pinch you can actually re birth some s2ks just by swapping srams and erasing the motherboards eeprom in a rom burner it depends on the exact software you have tho.

Offline spaceman.project

• NLG
Re: After Clear+Key = Missing Menu Options: Double Diamonds Haywire IGT s2000
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 05:01:52 AM »
Ok, back again.

I had the machine working for a good long time.  At some point I got an error and thought that I needed to replace one of the batteries again.  And like an idiot, I pulled out the board while the machine was on.  There was a little spark and the machine hasn't recovered since.

Machine still powers on > get RAM error > twist key > Game Eprom CRC Mismatch -0B000001 > Hold button for 2-3 seconds > close door > door close is not recognized > I sit down for a few minutes > I hear the machine start to run > Coin in Jam / Closure M error.  And at some other point, I received the Config TBL Checksum Error -030000001.  I haven't been able to replicate that one though.

It looks like at some point someone had gone around the door optics, but if I am getting this error, is that possible? 

Once again, still a novice--but was hoping you all could lead me in troubleshooting.  Anything to check to see if there is critical damage from my mistake or what should be checked on these errors? 

Thanks all for your help!

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 05:58:25 AM »
Look for U67 on the MPU and see if it looks damaged. (to the left of the stacked Varta battery)  I replace these often from people pulling the MPU or I/O cards/cables with the power on.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline spaceman.project

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 09:48:04 AM »
Look for U67 on the MPU and see if it looks damaged. (to the left of the stacked Varta battery)  I replace these often from people pulling the MPU or I/O cards/cables with the power on.

wow!  you called it! I would've likely never noticed it, but can obviously see the damage now that I know what to look for.  While I am decent at soldering, these miniscule chips are something I've never messed with.  any chance you want to take on another customer?   If not, any suggestions on how to handle this? 

Thanks so much for your expert eye! 

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 10:14:18 AM »
Yeah. They go off pretty good sometimes. Loud pop and incandescent junk flying. lol...
A lot of times there is a land or two that gets damaged. Needs to get cleaned up before replacing it.

I will PM.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal