New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Triple Lucky 7's - Coin-in Jam error, button deck doesn't work  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Archilea

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Archilea New User has no influence.
  • Newb
Re: Triple Lucky 7's - Coin-in Jam error, button deck doesn't work
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2021, 09:24:52 AM »
I know, I was just being myself. Sorry, that's my humor. :)

I hope that someday I will be able to contribute something useful enough to this forum that others will find it helpful. For now, I'm almost entirely dependent on your vast knowledge to get me over one hill at a time.

Retro, thanks for the video. It will help. I watched it quickly and it all made sense, but I need to go back and make sure I follow which harness goes where for each step in the process. :)

Bunker, you're consistently helpful to me - Thanks.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2021, 03:01:39 PM »
A quick update:

I tried everything in Retro's video, and probably a thousand other attempts to get it back. No luck.
Today I went out and started working through the wiring, making sure that each wire was pushed in and straightened out. I tried unplugging the ballasts with no change.

Then, in desperation, I tried one last time...and it worked!

It's been running all day as it should. So while I cannot pin it down, I'm going to say that it is something in the wiring harness or connectors. I'm sure it will return, but when it does I'll start here instead of where I did before.

Thank you for all the help.

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2022, 09:41:35 AM »
Well, after a long hiatus and storage, I'm back to this machine... Same "Coin-in Jam" and "Closure MB" errors.  Buttons don't work.

I'll be posting again in this thread, since it's the same machine and the same errors. Be prepared for lots of parts requests incoming... :)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2022, 03:49:28 AM »
you only have one error right now, that's the coin in jam.
the closure MB is not an error but just stating that the mail door and Bill Val doors are closed.
Bob

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2022, 08:13:12 AM »
Thanks, Bob - Understood.

Some observations:
1. Deck buttons seem unreliable. They light up one time, then don't the next. Reseating I/O cards (With power off) seems to have an effect, but they revert to non-functional eventually.

2. The BV lights up immediately on power-on, shows all lights briefly, then only the blue ambulance light blinking... This happens before the machine completes the self-test and reel spins. Does the bill validator report the coin-in jam error to the MPU? Or is it an I/O line to the MPU?

3. I have a spare 203 I/O module, which I've changed out without really impacting the errors.  It seems that the card on the side of the MPU frame is a 200... Anyone have a spare they could sell? It feels like I should have one, even if it doesn't fix today's issues.

I hope to get more time this evening to look at it. Any suggestions on items to prioritize?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 02:02:05 PM by Archilea »

Offline Archilea

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2022, 05:27:18 PM »
Posting to follow up on the second incarnation of this thread.

It now appears to be working, with the exception of the printer not printing and the TITO not TITO'ing. I've started a different thread for those.

Fix was to replace the MPU board at the end of the day.

Can you get them refurbished, or do I scrap the bad one?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal