New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1133-1 Golden Gate (Australian)  (Read 6615 times)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 1133-1 Golden Gate (Australian)
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 07:43:06 PM »
remove all three latch  links.  Note which holes each link used.

if it's easy to remove the link, then it's not holding the black timer shaft.

as you've found, the idler levers that the latch links attach to should spin freely on the timer shaft.  The tab on the crank next to it pulls the latch links back, then the timer shaft should slowly rotate clockwise (looking from clock end).   That allows the latch links to be pulled toward the back of the mech by the springs and they eventually release the reel index arms.

you did lift the arm on that turns the variator cam by the clock and verify it's not wedging anything?  There's probably another variator on one of the latch links ... usually the third reel one.

your black timing shaft is stuck in the "retract the latch links" position.  It's not rotating when you pull the handle.   You took the clock off? 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 07:53:15 PM »
Post a couple of photos of the trip-kicker assembly located lower back below the reels.
Well lit clear photos will make it easier to see anything out of place.

Also the return spring on the right side of the reels that all stretched out.
This could be the root of the problem.
If you have another machine, you could barrow the spring for testing.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 08:07:36 PM »
I dunno if anything under the reels can stop the timer shaft from rotating - assuming the idler levers aren't stuck to the timer shaft.  The game does kick.

here's a vid of how the the latch links work I hacked together for someone else:

http://bingo.cdyn.com/bill/Timer%20Link.m4v

if the timer shaft isn't just gunked up in the holes it spins in, then something is stopping the spring from pulling the timer link, which drives the clock, which spins the timer shaft.

Offline Rod71

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Rod71 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 12:04:53 AM »

you did lift the arm on that turns the variator cam by the clock and verify it's not wedging anything?  There's probably another variator on one of the latch links ... usually the third reel one.

Yeah it moves up and down freely. and the 3rd reel variator isn't binding at all.

\  You took the clock off?
Not yet.  It scares me a little lol.  I'll print out the exploded diagram.  Anything to watch out for when pulling it apart?.  Springs flying everywhere etc lol
Just wondering if I pull the clock apart, will that narrow down the issue?.  Like the timing shaft might turn and it would confirm the issue is up stream towards the rear for example?

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 12:15:39 AM »
Post a couple of photos of the trip-kicker assembly located lower back below the reels.
Well lit clear photos will make it easier to see anything out of place.

Also the return spring on the right side of the reels that all stretched out.
This could be the root of the problem.
If you have another machine, you could barrow the spring for testing.

Yep, I'll take some pics in the morning.

I can swap the spring over and report back.  Hmmm how bad would a spring have to be for it to lock up like that though.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 06:23:51 AM »
Need to determine the cause before dismantling.
Thus avoiding any compounding problems.

Best to have the right spring in place, then proceed.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 05:05:42 PM »
OK, good spring in place.

Here's a couple of pics of the kickers in pre kicked and kicked position.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 06:09:45 PM »
Looks like there

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 07:50:47 PM »
oops.  I thought you'd swapped the clock ... dunno where I got that idea.  So jammed up clock gears could be a problem also.

try pulling the top of the timer lever (red arrow below).  Spin the fan blade clockwise if necessary.

david circled the pieces that prevent a held reel from spinning.  I don't think they can cause your issue.

you don't actually take the clock apart.  iir, you either:

1] remove the roll pin connecting the clock to the black timing shaft (33 in below pic)

or

2] the clock may just be slipped onto flats on the end of the timing shaft and you don't need to remove the roll pin.

in either case,  remove the screws that are under the reels holding the clock to the end plate (e.g. 22 in below pic) and the clock slides off the timing shaft as an assembly.   David or someone can tell you which way the clock is actually connected to the timing shaft.  I'm thinking it's [2].

fwiw, you should be able to do this:

https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/videos/pushing_timer_link.mp4

your link config is a bit different with the variator cam turning the other way, but the idea is the same.  Note also the position of the main shaft by the coin relay and the timer link pivoting on the red arrow piece (kinda behind the spring)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 08:35:32 PM by wolftalk »

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2021, 09:16:04 PM »
Looks like there

Yep there's a bar underneath them and it actuates smoothly.  The 3 of them all move nicely.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 10:37:26 PM »

2] the clock may just be slipped onto flats on the end of the timing shaft and you don't need to remove the roll pin.

in either case,  remove the screws that are under the reels holding the clock to the end plate (e.g. 22 in below pic) and the clock slides off the timing shaft as an assembly.   David or someone can tell you which way the clock is actually connected to the timing shaft.  I'm thinking it's [2].

fwiw, you should be able to do this:

OK, so I removed the 3 screws holding the clock on to the chasis.  Had to make up a custom tool to remove one of the screws because the mech isn't in it's home position and access was a pain to say the least!

Anyway, after all that the clock is still stuck tight to the timing shaft.

Should I move on to the roll pin?.  If I remove that will cogs and parts just drop out all over the place? lol

Thanks so much for the help guys, it's awesome :)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2021, 05:52:10 AM »
Pretty sure the pin needs to be removed.
Beware the fan shaft is small in diameter and can be damaged easily.
Don’t remember if there was an exploded view of the reels mechanism posted earlier on this post.
It would show the roll pin.

The clock is assembled together with spacers that are pressed in and mushroomed over one side.
I believe the 4 small screws go into the opposite side plate.

The clock should come off as a unit.
This would be a good time to spray with some cleaner and re-lube.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 08:32:16 AM by DavidLee »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2021, 08:40:31 AM »
...  I'm thinking it's [2].

and I'd be wrong, 

50-50 chances I get wrong 87% of the time.  I wonder if that's why Las Vegas used to comp my airfare and living expenses :-)

thanks david!

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2021, 07:40:33 PM »
Pretty sure the pin needs to be removed.
Beware the fan shaft is small in diameter and can be damaged easily.

Ahh, finally getting around to having another look at this. 

How do you remove the pin?

Looks like a 1/16 Allen, but not having any luck with that.  hmmm

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2021, 07:56:35 PM »
it's a roll pin (torsion pin).

you need a punch to drive it out or a special tool.  If you have to buy a punch (probably 1/8"), the ideal ones are called roll pin punches or pilot punches.  They have a nub on the end that fits into the pin so the punch self-centers.

if you're in a hurry, cutting the point of an appropriately sized nail may work if the pin shifts before the nail bends.  It can help to tap the protruding end of the pin flush with the collar to break it loose if it's stuck in there.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2021, 03:46:02 PM »
Woo hoo back again lol.  I've been brewing and kegging beer.  Gotta love hobbies :)

OK, so got myself a roll pin punch and removed the clock.  I'm thinking it has issues.  The main gear that drives the shaft will turn counter clockwise but it clicks when you turn it.  Clockwise it barely turns a few millimetres and stops. The 2 smaller gears behind the bigger one will turn both ways and spin the fan, but there is a clunk or a flat spot half way through the turn.  This is after being cleaned and lubed.

If the clock is bad, where can I source a replacement?  I'm thinking they should be pretty easy to come by (famous last words lol)

Cheers
Rod

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2021, 05:01:29 PM »
might as well take the clock apart if you haven't to look for problems.  There is a ratchet inside there, so clicking is right.

the big gear with the roll pin shaft only turns around 45 degrees, so if the teeth are worn you can spin it 180 degrees and have the new teeth on the other side last you for another 100 years.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2021, 02:48:25 PM »
Finally another update with some good news.

Replaced the clock and I have it spinning like a top :)

Now on to the electrics!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2021, 02:57:49 PM »
Great, this would be a good time to dissect the clock to see what makes it tick.
Basically split it in half and see what is missing broken or out of placement.
Possibly a simple fix, results being a spare clock or parts.

Offline Rod71

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2021, 08:25:47 PM »
Great, this would be a good time to dissect the clock to see what makes it tick.
Basically split it in half and see what is missing broken or out of placement.
Possibly a simple fix, results being a spare clock or parts.

Yeah ended up swapping it with a guy who i'm sure will take a look at it. :)

OK so powered up and this is where we are at....

Game coins up (Insert Coin light > Pull Handle light)

You pull the handle and it cycles correctly and goes back to Insert Coin mode.

No payouts in regular game mode, but forcing it into 10 bonus spin tunnel mode it will pay out when you get a target on the 3rd reel.  Although it's paying 2 or 3 coins over.  13 instead of 10 and 22 instead of 20 etc.  Winner Paid light doesn't come on, though I haven't checked the bulb.

So clearly the hopper is operating.  Should I start looking at the switch stacks on the left side of the reel mech?  I'm thinking because nothing is paying, there must be a relay out of adjustment, and the bonus game is paying because there is a seperate relay for that in the insert.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal