New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt avp tito or printer problem?  (Read 3243 times)

Offline bobber

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bobber New User has no influence.
  • NLG
igt avp tito or printer problem?
« on: September 19, 2021, 08:05:59 AM »
hello, i purchased a slot machine and i cannot get the bill validator to accept tickets,it will accept bills,but also when you hit cash out it says call attendant,hand pay out only,we purchased the machine from a company and it showed it working,unfortanely had some issues with the builder on the first machine so when we got the second machine and we having problems again the builder wont respond to our questions with the machine,thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: igt avp tito or printer problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 11:42:18 AM »
Does the machine have a Tito board installed?  Sounds like it is not validating the tickets, that is why it goes to hand pay.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »
yes it has the tito board installed, i am assuming the guy that built the machine left it all hooked up,we had a little trouble with his work

Offline gameking6

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • gameking6 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 02:41:17 PM »
The hand pay issue sounds like a setting. I'm not sure where that would be on your machine since I'm not familiar with it. As far as the TITO issue goes, I don't know anything about the Gen2 DBV but, have you tried feeding the ticket in multiple time in a row? The reason I ask is I have a game king that would take bills 100% of the time but with a ticket it would take several tries to accept since tickets are more complicated to read. I tried calibrating the DBV and it improved slightly but not to a satisfactory level I then replaced the head on the unit and it solved the problem.
Good Luck

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 04:00:17 PM »
I would check the connection on the other side of the serial cable coming out of the tito board (the usb is only for power).  I also sure hope that the board is not on top of metal without some sort of insulation under the board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 04:46:35 PM »
ok thanks guys i will try those things,the board is on velcro so its not on metal,will let you know if anything works,i have been checking connections but nothing has worked

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 06:07:37 PM »
Did the ticket printing and acceptance work at any one point on this machine?

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 05:19:14 AM »
the builder showed it working on a video he sent but hasnt since we received the machine and i checked what connections i found
thanks

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 05:56:52 AM »
Have you tried the reset button on the TITO unit? Press and hold it a couple seconds, then reboot the machine.
Does the USB power come from the backplane or does it have an adapter plugged into the distribution box (always on)?
If always on, try using the backplane instead. TITO will power off when machine does. Lastly, is it connected to COM 1? If so try using COM 2 instead and adjust the necessary settings. Do not disconnect or connect the RS232 card with the power on. Use your ekey to reconfigure.
You did not state what model your AVP machine is. Backplanes will vary somewhat between models. This video contains general setup instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKjyeFQPltA
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 11:53:12 AM »
Cant recall if you can access the comm analyzer without e-key but if you can, run that.  Set to channel 3 and see if you are getting 80/81 across the screen.  That will tell you if the tito unit is communicating with the machine.

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
i sorry but i am new to slot machines and by no means a computer wizard to know some of these meanings or how to get to what settings,if anyone can help,i am trying to figure out,i have tried resetting tito and talked to jim at bettor slots, and if understanding correct the tito board itself is working,but not sure how to diagnose from here,i can turn jackpot key and get to some things but havent found anything that i can say stands out,it was supposedly working when shipped but i dont know what happened,has anyone dealt with unlimited slots before? our builder is not helping i will try to attach picture of inside if it helps,thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 09:22:19 PM »
Looks like you have a G20 V2.  I would unplug the usb cable from the backplane and use a usb power adapter to see if it fixes the problem.  The other thing to try would be to use com2.  You see the daughtercard that is perpendicular to the backplane on the back that has the other end of serial port out of the tito board?  That daughtercard is plugged into the 16 pin connector that is com 1.  You could remove it and plug it into the one below it (which should be com 2).  You will need an Ekey 7 in order to be able to change the configuration though I think. Do you have an ekey 7 or equivalent? If you don't, I suggest you get one.  These machines will eventually need a battery replacement inside the mpu and you will lose the configuration which will require the ekey 7 in order to get it back going.

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 03:50:40 PM »
well,builder of machine finally reached out to me and most of the things he told me to try i already had,but the one thing different was to turn the jackpot key twice,not sure what that does but i did and exited and it kind of started working,it printed a ticket but would not accept,then i added more money and it would not print so did the key thing twice again. added more money then it printed ticket and accepted it but would not accept previous printed tickets. added more money and cashed out another ticket and it accepted it and the previous accepted ticket so i am going to see how it does from here on out,will probably get the ekey 7, and try switching the comm. like you said rick and see if anything helps or if it starts working better just leave it alone for now. thanks so much for input

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 10:42:55 PM »
Turning the jackpot key just resets the hand pay situation.  If you are getting intermittent ticket printing and acceptance, your system's connection to the TITO board is not stable:

1.  the serial cable is loosing connectivity (bad connections?)
2.  The power to the tito board is insufficient (try using a usb power adapter with at least 1amp current rating).
3.  The com port on the backplane is flaky (try using the other one).
4.  The TITO board might be having issues. (least likely scenario).

Offline BettorSlots

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »
 :agreepost:

To add to Rick's post above, we recently had a customer with very similar problems (tested working Tito kit in another machine, intermittent issues in his G20).  After trying many things, the solution was to clean the Comm port pins on the backplane (I think they used Deoxit and a tooth brush).  Has worked flawlessly for a week now. 

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2021, 05:01:43 AM »
ok thanks,soon as i get a chance i will try that and keep you posted

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2021, 06:02:43 AM »
I have been using a Tito setup for about 10 years now.  Not Bettor, using a custom build.  I have used Serial ports from Serial cards, I have used Arduinos, I have used Ethernet to 232 converters and everything in between.  What I have found on intermittent issues that doesnt seem to have any other cause of the problem is to use a shielded cable on the 232 side.  Take the foil or ground wire and wrap it around and metal screw in the cabinet.  Something like the picture is what I have been using.  Also, I have learned when using the TTL-232 converter the quality of the board matters.  Some of those chinese ones are pretty low quality.

Offline firehawk618

• Reputation Power: 10
  • firehawk618 New User has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2021, 06:37:04 PM »
Not sure if I should start a new thread or piggy back this one.

I have AVP G20 with Bettor Tito board in it currently.  Finally got a printer (didn't come with one) and put it in.

Here's my issue currently.

I can credit up with the service button.
I can print a ticket.
It will accept cash.
It will reject any ticket I try to enter.

I have verified my settings match this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKjyeFQPltA

I have to wonder if it's my bill acceptor that isn't liking tickets?  It always takes various denominations of cash without issue.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2021, 06:43:05 PM »
Turn the ticket upside down and see if it accepts it.  If so, your validator is not an setup for tickets being entered upside down.  Remember the validator in the slot is inverted.

Offline firehawk618

• Reputation Power: 10
  • firehawk618 New User has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2021, 06:51:10 PM »
Turn the ticket upside down and see if it accepts it.  If so, your validator is not an setup for tickets being entered upside down.  Remember the validator in the slot is inverted.

I will go boot it up and try that.  So if it does take the ticket what exactly does that mean?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal