New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: (Fully Solved) No Display S-Plus Hot Peppers, Power on Reels  (Read 1424 times)

Offline thegarse

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • thegarse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi all, I'm trying to not buy another MPU and am hoping to pinpoint what on the MPU I can replace at the component level (assuming the MPU is the problem). I'm comfortable replacing components and have already fixed some parts that measured out of spec.

Details:

1. Power on and the florescent lights turn on, reels get power, 10v on the display board, denomination light turns on. No burn on the molex connectors on the MB.

2. I bought an eBay 10mhz board a few years ago and that board worked until recently. I'm comfortable with through hole component replacement but I'm not sure what to look at first? I'm also not 100% confident I'm getting 5v on the board as it's impossible to probe while the MPU is in place.

I'm including some pics. This machine is a beaut so I'd like to get it back up and running (and bulletproof it if possible). Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 07:47:34 PM by thegarse »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 239
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: No Display S-Plus Hot Peppers, Power on Reels and Molex not Burnt
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 12:52:24 PM »
How do you play it without any buttons? :Scratch-Head:

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 02:53:14 PM »
How do you play it without any buttons? :Scratch-Head:

This is indeed a strange setup. Pull the arm every time is the only way I know of unless I install a momentary switch.

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 02:58:20 PM »
Ok, an update, replaced the Tranzorb diode at D3 since it was giving me strange readings. Now I have gameplay but credits is stuck at zero even when there is payout. So only power on one row of the display?

Also thanks to another member for letting me know this is not an S-Plus machine but only an S (I've been called an S too).

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 03:07:30 PM »
The MPU board you posted a pic of is a S plus board.

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 03:11:57 PM »
The MPU board you posted a pic of is a S plus board.

Thanks, then consider me confused on what board I have, S or SPlus, more familiar with pinball. Maybe I refer to it as an SP611 chip game?.

Also correction to the above, Winner Paid is stuck at 0 not credits.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: (Partially Solved) No Display S-Plus Hot Peppers, Power on Reels
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 03:35:18 PM »
The no buttons for play.... I was wondering how setup would be done without buttons?
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 04:04:57 PM »
The no buttons for play.... I was wondering how setup would be done without buttons?

From the little I know of this game I don't think there is a lot of setup other than dip switches.

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 04:12:27 PM »
Going to mark this as solved, then will consider opening up a new post for the "Stuck on Winner Paid: 0" issue.

Thanks all.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 06:51:18 AM »
Your machine is an early S+

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 10:56:02 AM »
Show me a photo behind the door, under the deck... where the buttons are supposed to be.
I have never heard of an IGT S+ without deck buttons.
You cannot set up a machine without deck buttons.
The dip switches ONLY change Max Hopper Pays, Game Sounds, Game Cycle and Progressive stuff...depending on what SP chip is installed.

Somebody messed with this cabinet and stole the buttons for another machine or something and stuck a blank plate on the button deck.
I'm going to bet they tied up the handle release pawl & hooked up the handle switch to the Max bet switch wiring.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 12:38:49 PM »
Here's a pic behind the door @ Stayouttadabunker.

I'm still at the "0" error. Either motherboard issue or wiring. I downloaded a lot of continuity test files for displays that I plan to get to at some point.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 02:37:46 PM »
Your connections on the motherboard are causing your issues!  your meters are plugged  into the wrong connector, pulling down the strobe signal. the 7 pin meter cable should be inserted into J-5, ,not J-14 where it is presently. 

that should fix the display issue.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 06:54:29 PM »
Let me try to help ya.
The harness Jim is talking about is the one with mostly brown wires....it has 7 wires in all but it will have one single wire on the end that is orange with a green stripe.

Push on the black plastic center tab to release it as you slightly pull upwards and move it over to the header board connector marked as [J5].
It's right next to the 6-pin [J6] and 10-pin [J4] headers.

I've illustrated below somewhat.
Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 09:08:50 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 07:47:09 PM »
Your connections on the motherboard are causing your issues!  your meters are plugged  into the wrong connector, pulling down the strobe signal. the 7 pin meter cable should be inserted into J-5, ,not J-14 where it is presently. 

that should fix the display issue.

Hope this helps.

Jim

To Jim and Stayouttadabunker I have to give you guys many many thanks. I'm sitting here with my door troubleshooting schematics and thankfully I do not have to probe my life away trying to find a broken trace.

What's strange is the plastic protector actually covers J5 when installed but leaves J14 uncovered indicating that it should be plugged in there (obviously not the case). Plugged it into J5 and life is good!

I added some pics to help others with this issue. Thank you again! Wow, I'm so happy you replied!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: (Fully Solved) No Display S-Plus Hot Peppers, Power on Reels
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2022, 07:49:30 PM »
You can leave the meters unplugged if you want, it won't complain.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal