New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: A.C. Coin QH Game Bonus Display Problems  (Read 618 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
A.C. Coin QH Game Bonus Display Problems
« on: August 04, 2022, 08:35:42 AM »
I've got an IGT S2000 A.C. Coin QH Game that I'm having trouble with.

I was adding Coin Handling Equipment to a working game and after I cleared and reconfigured the machine to accept coins I had a Bonus Feature problem the first time I hit it.

It locked up the machine and was stuck on a Bonus but nothing would happen. The Small LCD Display just showed "Congratulations" and nothing more. Then I received a Bonus Display Comm Error on the machine VFD.

I reset the Bonus and then all the Display would read was "Invalid Data" and the VFD read Bonus Display Error.

I was unable to clear this error by all means possible. Finally I swapped out the Main Board behind the Bonus Strip in The Top Box and the game went into a reset finally.

Now my problem is the Bonus Display just fades to a white screen intermittently.
Seen in the attached photo.

Sometimes it's full picture and brightness, other times it just stays white.

Is this a problem with the LCD itself or something in the hardware?

I know MacGUYver posted about this same issue a few years ago, but I never saw his resolution.

Any additional insight would be helpful.

PS. I did try a different Ribbon Cable, no change.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 06:33:41 PM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: A.C. Coin QH Game Bonus Display Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 06:02:32 PM »
Did you change the 2032 battery on the A C Coin MPU? Check the S2000 power supply Molex connector that is behind the reels as they do get brown and brittle and oxidize from heat. A C Coin also use power from the power distribution board in the bottom of the cabinet

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 01:19:27 PM »
I've changed the Coin Cell on the A.C. Coin Board, no change.

Replaced the A.C. Coin Borard with 2 spares I had, made it worse, one won't even boot, the other has Strip Errors and Invalid Data displayed on the small LCD.

Tried a spare small LCD, no picture.

Replaced Main Power Supply, no change.

Replaced Power Distro Box, no change.

Bonus Game plays great, lower part of machine (S2000) plays great.

Small LCD seems as if it's having trouble keeping up with the graphics, it lags behind sometimes as the Bonus plays.

Sometimes it's a perfect picture and graphics are spot on with game play, other times it just fades to white and displays nothing.

I don't have another QH Video Card to see if that's the problem, nor do I have an additional machine to test anything in.

I'm hesitant to purchase another display as it may not be the problem.  It could still be the Main Board behind the Bonus Strip.

Any other suggestions or does anyone have a test machine handy?

Thanks,

Curtis ash100

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 05:40:56 PM »
Did you reseat the CF card on the small video display?  I have an AC Coin with Happy Slot upper belt bonus just like QH that I can test parts on.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 07:49:41 PM »
Update:

I did re-seat the Video Card several times. The game still acted funny.

I was finally tired of messing with it, so I went ahead and installed the Topper, The Upper Glass and Card Reader Blanking Plate and all of the sudden, everything cleared up.

So I played it for about 30 minutes and only had one glitch. The Bonus Round started and immediately froze up. The Display's Picture froze, the Backlighting behind the Bonus Strip stopped and the music stopped. It stayed like that for about 45 seconds and then just like nothing happened it finished the Bonus.

Seeing that everything was greatly improved from when I started this post, I brought the machine back inside and plugged it in., expecting everything to still work.

Boy was I wrong.

Upon Boot Up I received a Strip Motor Error which I was able to reset, then a "Waiting on Video Display" message on the S2000 VFD. I was also able to reset that, but my sound completely stopped working and t generated a "Sound Error, Open Door and Fix Sound, then Push The Reset" on the Bonus Disply.

I opened everything back up, checked the Sound Board, re-seated the Sound Card and still no sound. The game played fine without the Bonus Box Sounds once I did a Bonus Reset.

Today I swapped out the Sound Board with a spare and everything is back to 100% functionality. For now anyway.

We'll see how long this lasts. Everything was working as it should during 45 minutes of play. I'll turn it back on tomorrow morning and see if it still works.

Wish me luck.

Curtis Ash100

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal