New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help with S9000 Red Box Call Attendant Error Message  (Read 1952 times)

Offline garyboston99

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • garyboston99 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need help with S9000 Red Box Call Attendant Error Message
« on: August 05, 2022, 12:37:00 PM »
Hey all. I am hoping somebody might be able to offer some advice. I have a Ballty's S9000 with Quick Hits-Black Gold Wild that has worked perfectly for over a year but now, when turned on, shows a red "Call Attendant" box with an error message of "Open Door MBVLD" which I am assuming relates to a bill validator but my machine does not accept bills and just uses TITO. Also when I use the service key no menu comes up just the same red error message.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Need help with S9000 Red Box Call Attendant Error Message
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 12:44:47 PM »
You may have to ram clear and replace some batteries if your machine was off too long. MBVLD is not just your Bill Validator

M = Main Door
B = Belly Door
V = Validator Door
L = Logic Door (CPU door where the flash cards are)
D = Crap, I just had a brain fart and forget what this is...

Anyway, when all these switches are open its usually because 1_ the MPU isnt in all the way. 2) Batteries need to be replaced / or were just replaced 3) You just ram cleared and just need to reset.

Start with a RAM clear.
-------
Charles

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 12:46:35 PM »
Thanks for the info Charles. I am pretty new to this. Is there a thread with info on how to do a RAM clear?

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 12:55:56 PM »
First you need a RAM CLEAR card. Did your machine come with one?

RAM CLEAR on Bally is based off the BIOS your MPU is running. Disconnect all the cables on your MPU and take it out. Post a picture here and we can determine what setup you have. What OS are you running? Its the TOP CARD int he MPU
-------
Charles

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 01:15:53 PM »
So my machine did not come with a clear card but I can reach out to the vendor and ask them for one. And yes in my MPU there is a top card and a bottom card (see pic)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 01:22:07 PM »
335 clear card for that OS.  If machine was running then it has right bios for 335.

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 01:23:03 PM »
great. thank you so much!

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 07:43:14 PM »
The CR2032 battery on the backplane board is dead (low). You’ll have to pull the engine (cpu) out to get to it. That will give weird errors with the “brown box of death”.

Dead or low Engine battery(s) will “usually” prompt NVRAM errors. The Clear CF card will be used After you’ve replaced batteries.

Hope this helps!

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 07:51:43 PM »
Thank you all very much for your help!

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 03:50:33 PM »
Hoping someone might be able to help. I was able to change both batteries on the backboard and after getting a clear card was able  to successfully clear so I then swapped the clear card with the game card and rebooted and now have a new error. At first it is the red "call attendant" screen with "Open Door BV" (see below) and when I turn the attendant key a new red box pops up saying "Machine Fault" GameMgr (020) Eprom Fault...(see below). Any ideas why this might be happening?  ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 04:02:25 PM »
Never seen that error but one thing you said is you changed out the RAM CLEAR card with the GAME CARD? The OS CARD needs to be installed in the TOP SLOT (Where the ram clear goes) and the GAME CARD is on the bottom slot. Just making sure thats how you have it running?
-------
Charles

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2022, 04:14:07 PM »
Yes sorry that was unclear. The OS card is in the top slot and the game card in the bottom slot

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 09:48:29 AM »
Ok I am making some progress but need some help please. I have gotten rid of all of my "red box warnings" and "call attendants" and just need to do the final configuration. I can see that I need to enter items like denomination, date/time, etc so I use my key and I am able to get the setup menu BUT when I actually press the word "setup" I only see 2 options which are "touch screen setup" and "sound setup" and according to other posts this is where I should see all the missing setup options (denomination, date, etc). Does anybody know why these options might not be showing? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »
go into youtube and look at the videos regarding bally alpha setup.  The hard part of doing your machine is the progressive setup for your machine.  You have to decide the denomination and the max bet your machine will have before you do any of your progressive settings.  Before you do any of the progressive setup, you will need to post here what your denomination setup was during the setup screen (where you pick the percentage holdback and denomination for it) and then where you setup the max bet per line.  Do not go into the progressive settings until you know exactly what you need to put there, otherwise you will have to clear the machine again and start over.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2022, 12:50:37 PM »
Hi Rick,

That is exactly my issue. I am unable to get into the progressive setup section or any other setup section since when I click on the "setup" button I am only given 2 options which are "touch screen setup" and "sound setup". According to the youtube videos I should see all the other setup items in this section (denomination, date, progressive, etc) but I do not so am sort of stuck at this point

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2022, 01:10:44 PM »
I did find a post dealing with my exact issue and in that post the advice is "You are also in the attendant menu (the one you get by turning the jackpot reset key).  You have open the bottom door (belly) and push the white button on the mpu for the setup menu."  But the only white button I see on my MPU says "test" (see below). Am I looking in the wrong place?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2022, 01:27:48 PM »
Yes, that's the test button you need to press.

Offline garyboston99

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2022, 01:46:18 PM »
thank you.

Offline coinopshop

• Reputation Power: 1
  • coinopshop New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2023, 12:47:18 PM »
Hoping someone might be able to help. I was able to change both batteries on the backboard and after getting a clear card was able  to successfully clear so I then swapped the clear card with the game card and rebooted and now have a new error. At first it is the red "call attendant" screen with "Open Door BV" (see below) and when I turn the attendant key a new red box pops up saying "Machine Fault" GameMgr (020) Eprom Fault...(see below). Any ideas why this might be happening?  ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

So, what was the solution that got rid of the Eprom Hardware Error Screen ?

Offline rcoonjr

• rcoonjr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2023, 06:58:09 AM »
I'm curious too... thats one that keeps getting me hungup (on my previous posting on my machine)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal