New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Wms machine ID  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Phan000

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Wms machine ID
« on: August 31, 2022, 07:21:13 AM »
Need help to ID this machine.  Is this a 550? 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 08:51:32 AM by Phan000 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Wms machine ID
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 12:31:41 PM »
Probably a converted 550.  Means it has  CPUNXT cpu board inside based on the the game theme of the glass.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 01:34:48 PM »
Thanks.  So, likely the clear, setup, and software issues will be similar to working on a bb1?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 05:19:13 PM »
yes
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 02:14:48 PM »
I picked up that machine.

It is missing the mpu. Not familiar with this backplane.

What. mpu goes with this?

Thanks.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 05:05:20 PM »
Wow, no MPU. In the good news front, the extra power harness needed for the cpunxt board is there as is the power filter (which is not really necessary but it is nice that it is there).  You have 2 options for this machine.

1.  Get a legacy MPU 1.5 Plus mpu AND the I/O board to be able to run the eprom based legacy 55x/36x video slot themes.
2.  Get the CPUNXT board that will allow you to run bb1 games with some a few exceptions (it does not support the SPN bus, so games that use the extra bet button will not work).

This is a 1.5 Plus with the I/O board on e-bay  (I have no affiliation or experience with the seller, just using his post to illustrate what they look like)  You already have the backplane installed inside the cabinet, you only need the other 2 boards.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115082080606

Attached photo of CPUNXT board on both sides (it is all in one, so you don't need the I/O board for this one, just the one board).

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 07:08:43 PM »
Yep,  it was an unexpected surprise.  Guy got a foreclosed house with junk in it, including this machine.

We  adjusted the price, and it is a sought after title around here. Figure the monitor and glass are worth the $100 in any case.

I plan on only installing this one title.  Looks like the all-in one board would be the easiest to work with.  Also seems incredibly scarce.

If I got the two board cpunxt,  I’d have to deal with EPROMs instead of compact flash, correct?

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:58:00 AM by Phan000 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 09:30:09 AM »
Yes legacy 550 software is eproms, but Super Jackpot Party is a CPUNXT theme, so if you want to run that game, you will need a CPUNXT board.  The LCD on that machine is worth about $200-$300 by itself when sold with the bezel, they are usually never available as used as these machines usually have a CRT on them.  All LCD's are 3rd party ceronix conversions typically.

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 02:47:53 PM »
Nice and clean. 

Rick,
Are you saying there was a NXTCPU in there, or just the cables?   Never seen or worked on a 550 before, what is needed to make this basically a NXT1 CPU?
Not snapdragon, right?  That is all EEPROM.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 08:33:47 PM »
There was a CPUNXT board in there as evidenced by the aux power cable that is tied to the back and the power filter on the bottom left side of the cabinet.  Both of those things did not exist on a legacy 550 cabinet until it was converted.  Also the glass artwork for SJP is a giveaway as it was only available as a CPUNXT theme.  The snapdragon was used to run some early bb1 cabinet based themes that where basically a stepper slot with some top box graphics, it was only used on bb1 cabinets.  The 55x/36x cabinets had eprom based video themes (on an mpu called the 1.5 and later the 1.5 plus to accommodate better graphics and sound and eliminating the video daughtercard (the 1.5 mpu was also used for stepper games in the 40x series cabinets) , the steppers were part of the 40x cabinets which also included the dotmation games.  That was the generation prior to CPUNXT when wms went to CF cards going forward.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 05:43:05 PM »
I managed to find the CPUNXT, will arrive in a few days.  Am still looking for the software.

Any set up differences between that processor and the bb1?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 07:02:51 PM »
It's the same software as a bb1, so everything is setup the same way.

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 03:36:53 PM »
You were able to find the NXTCPU?  It was in the house? 
You will need a RAMClear card, too.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 07:20:29 AM »
[My NXTCPU arrived.

Tried to install using some other game for my bb1 and my clear card.

Board has power, fan on,  but display goes right to “no signal”

Bad board, wrong clear, something I’m
Overlooking?

not sure what to look at next?

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 08:04:49 AM »
Figured it out-

Vga was in wrong port.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2022, 11:35:53 AM »
You also need to plug in the aux power connector (See the 8 pin molex plug on the CPUNXT board?), there is a cable that I saw on your photos towards the backplane, you need to plug that into the cpunxt board, otherwise you will get random reboots and weird behavior from the machine.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »
Much appreciated Rick,  would have been my next post no doubt.  It was doing exactly what you described.

I saw that empty molex, but that aux power cord was all bundled up.  Probably just had it that way while moving the machine.

In any case,  I was able to perform a clear & begin game load.

My spare “King of Africa” game is probably too advanced for this set-up.

Stalls at call attendant.  Diagnostic test switch does nothing.

JP key brings up a screen that says “program time out”

The SJP chips should arrive soon though.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2022, 10:45:38 PM »
There are 2 king of africa games.  One is a hot hot penny game which requires the extra bet button (won't work on this setup because it doesn't support SPN hardware), the other one is a BB2 game G+    Deluxe type, usually does not work with cpunxt hardware.  Most games that use OS family h13.xx will not work on a bb1 class MPU.  There's a list that someone started that lists the bb2 games that will work on a bb1 (Any game that uses OS family H9.x or higher is officially a bb2 theme, though some will work on bb1's with some features or sounds missing).

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2022, 08:17:23 AM »
I made some progress last night.  Installed great cheese money caper.  Was able to get to the set up menu, and put in most of the settings.

Got an error for no validation.  Both com choices are set to none.  Do I need to select SAS on one?

Also-  have an Ithica 850.  Paper  was brown & old and cardboard at bottom of stack.

Put in new paper and got a printer com error.  Printer is powered, led light is off.  Anything that I can checK?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2022, 10:36:43 AM »
Do you have a TITO board installed in the machine?  Or are you just trying to use the printer to print tickets for show?  In any case you would have to select netplex printer on the device setup, or no printer at all if you don't care about having the printer print tickets.

If you don't have a TITO board, printing tickets is worthless beyond just showing people you can print tickets, the machine will not accept the tickets back.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal