New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Two Game Kings: LCD Touchscreen Problem and Door Open M, lots of Qs  (Read 717 times)

Offline thegarse

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • thegarse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I have some questions on these two GK which I am not familiar with (I have a S-Plus IGT that I know more about).

1. First is this GK round top with a 19" Ceronix what will not calibrate. Some questions:

• What model is this? I've read about 3902, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and I'm honestly not sure where to check this (is it the board itself?)
  • The 19" wont do a screen calibration, when I turn the key enough times to get to the dot calibration the dot does not register entirely, I've held the dot, pressed the dot but nothing changes, when it did calibrate once, the push was about 6" away than the actual finger placement.
  • Is this the touch screen? Or is it the touch screen control board, what's the easiest way to test this? **Please note that the picture has the beige connector unplugged but it is indeed plugged in when I was testing.**
  • I've read about key cards/chips, do I need one?
  • Other than the touch screen this machine to be in decent shape and I'm pretty happy with it

2. Second is this smaller Game King with a CRT. I fixed a problem with the power supply (bad  c28 capacitor) and got it from not powering to powering with a Door Open M error. Some questions on this unit:

• Also interested in the version model of this unit, same as above do I look at a setting or look at the boards?
  • Open Door M sounds like a opto issue, while fussing with the opto the leads broke off, so I either need a new opto (sender and receiver) or a way to bypass the door open m issue, thoughts on this?
  • I'm pretty sure this needs a cap kit as the screen can get jittery at times, I'm comfortable doing this as I've done this on my arcade games, anyone know which cap kit I need?
  • Other than the bad cigarette smell, that's pretty much it for this one, looking forward to playing it!

Pics included.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 08:38:27 PM by thegarse »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Two Game Kings: LCD Touchscreen Problem and Door Open M, lots of Qs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 08:28:34 PM »
I think that beige connector hanging down on the left side of the circuit board in your 2nd photo is the touchscreen connector that should be plugged into the 12- male pins.
It may have fallen off of the TS circuit board.
The 12-pin circuit board header is located between the R15 and R16 embedded board components.
I drew a circle around the 12 pins in the photo below...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 08:37:49 PM »
I think that beige connector hanging down on the left side of the circuit board in your 2nd photo is the touchscreen connector that should be plugged into the 12- male pins.
It may have fallen off of the TS circuit board.
The 12-pin circuit board header is located between the R15 and R16 embedded board components.
I drew a circle around the 12 pins in the photo below...>>>

Sorry I should have mentioned, and I'll edit my post. I re-sat that serial connector and did not put it back when taking the picture. The beige connector is plugged in when I was testing. Thanks for the reminder!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 08:47:07 PM »
Can't be 100% sure on what model is what as it is really based on the mpu inside the machine.  My best guess is that you have a 3902 on the roundtop running some sort of GK 4.x theme.  The one with the CRT is the older style cabinet and may have either 3802 or 3902.  Really need pictures of the mpu inside to really tell what they are.

The touchscreen issue is sometimes poor grounding.  Try doing the calibration with a barefoot on the floor, one hand on some metal part of the cabinet and the other one to do the calibration, if that works, then your grounds are not good.  If it doesn't work, it is most likely the touchscreen glass that has issues.  A bad controller usually returns a touchscreen com error of some sort, although sometimes it could also be the touchscreen controller.  The only way to really know is by swapping parts as far as I know.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 08:00:18 PM »
Here are pictures of the two boards. I'm not 100% where to look to identify them.

Offline thegarse

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 08:05:32 PM »
Ok on the round top (2nd picture from above) I see p/n 75703902 so I'm guessing that one is a 3902.

The older one (mini game king) I don't see a p/n except on what I think is a riser/daughter card that says 13901... so is this a 3901?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 09:00:36 PM »
1st photo is a 3802 board with a eprom extender for the sound chips.

2nd photo is 3902.

As a general rule of thumb, simm slots=3902, all eproms are 3802 if it has an i960 cpu in it, otherwise it would be an earlier PE or PE+ board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal