New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1000 e series - coils do not operate consistently  (Read 657 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
1000 e series - coils do not operate consistently
« on: September 06, 2022, 02:52:50 PM »
I am taking a look at an e series slot machine for a guy locally.  I havent messed with many e series and have always been told how much a nightmare they are.  Anyways....

The machine doesn't display any errors.  The readout will either be 71 000 or 50 000 which I am to understand both refer to the front door was open.  Even if I hold the coin switch down for an extended period the machine will not display an error code.  Typically just 50 000.

The machine will occasionally have active coils and allow me to coin up 1-3 credits and spin the reels.  Shortly after the reels begin to spin the lights used to detect what position the reels are in go out and the reels slowly come to a stop on their own.  The coils never fire to stop the reels just as though the machine errored out yet the display reads 50 000.  Occasionally I can hit the reset button and the coils for the reel stops will fire and it will be ready to coin up.  Sometimes its just the coin lock out that fires for a split second then no no coils work, will not coin up, and the test button isn't active.

When the coils are working and the test button responds, I can go into rest mode 8.  The machine coins up and operates as it should including showing correct payouts in the readout.  The reels spin freely though I know the mech could use a good cleaning and lube.    I did go through and clean the connectors as well as chip legs and sockets for all the boards.  The ribbon cables do not show any issues and all the pins look like they are in good shape.  On this machine the only beauplugs are for the hopper.  The reels are  amp plugs. 

With the coils not firing occasionally is it possible I have a failing driver board?  Any other ides to check?

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: 1000 e series - coils do not operate consistently
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 03:42:46 PM »
I should mention this machine doesn't appear to have any replacement parts meaning caps, rectifiers, voltage regulators all appear original.

Off the power supply I measure 5.11v volts from the +5 lug.  From +UR I get 10.3v from ZC I get 7.61v.  The reading were taken with everything hooked up.(Update:  After searching and reading the voltages I recorded are acceptable)

I do get a solid 5v to both the mpu and driver board.  None of the connectors look like they were hot or show burn marks.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 06:11:27 PM by ThirdGenAmusement »

• NLG
Re: 1000 e series - coils do not operate consistently
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 09:02:57 AM »
Ok.  Went through connectors again.  I learned that if I left the front molex plug off the mech the machine would fire up and could would work as well as go into diagnostic.  I then narrowed down that plug is the connections for the micro switches on the side of the mech that deal with the kicker.  That micro switch was dirty and in the resting position was in the 'clicked'position. 

I removed that micro switch, cleaned it with electrical cleaner, adjusted it, and now the machine fires up with the molex Jack in place.  So lesson learned.  Even with no errors displayed if a switch is out of adjustment will cause the machine to not go into test or basically respond even though 50 000 is bring displayed.

Now, the optics are not lighting!  Either in game mode or in test 8.   Grrrrrrrr

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal