New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bluebird won't start  (Read 597 times)

Offline SteveXKR

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SteveXKR New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bluebird won't start
« on: September 14, 2022, 02:17:04 PM »
Hi All,
hope this is the right section for this - first WMS bluebird machine so apologies if I don't know what the heck I'm talking about :)

I got a WMS Bluebird (Lemmings) machine (blue PCB, with cards side-by-side so BB..1?) yesterday and it won't start properly. Before it was shipped to me I received a video to show it was in working condition, and the only damage in shipping seems to have been a broken candle on top..

The issue: Upon first startup all looked normal, got to the white WMS screen with a progress bar where it mentions something about linux etc.. then it did a bunch of work talking about prepping images and in the status bar would show different filenames etc.. then it got to 'Load game objects' and the screen just went black. Let it sit for a while thinking maybe it's processing.

I restarted the machine after 30 minutes or so, at which point it would go to a black screen at seemingly random spots during the startup sequence, or sometimes even reboot itself halfway through and then again black screen at seemingly random step in the boot sequence.

Currently it seems to have gotten worse where doesn't even want to show the Bios Memory check screen upon power on - just straight to black screen. I Tested the Monitor by plugging a laptop into it and that works A-OK. Went over the connectors thinking maybe something got loose in shipping but couldn't really find anything out of place.. Inside I have all green lights on main brain box as well as the board underneath where it shows the different voltages etc. doesn't seem like there should be that much that can be wrong with these things..

I'm waiting to hear back from where I purchased it from for any trouble shooting tips, but figured i'd see if any of you might have some insights or things to try?
Thanks!

p.s.  I do NOT have a clear card (not quite sure which one I need), so not sure what I can safely do without wiping the settings the vendor put in (including tito freeplay) - I see a little reset button on the blue board, would that wipe everything or is that just a reboot type of option?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bluebird won't start
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 03:59:30 PM »
Check to make sure the CPU is locked down all the way with the little lever on the bottom right side of the CPU.  It may have come loose in shipment.  Do this with the power off.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline SteveXKR

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SteveXKR New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 04:23:05 PM »
Ok I tried that, no change.. hope it's not one of those 500000 pin connectors with 1 pin  being bent or so.. I do get all the LEDs on + fan running on powerup, but still won't even show a boot screen :\

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 01:35:03 PM »
Something always comes loose during shipping.  Reseat the CPU, reseat everything, or push on it... Chips, ram, etc...  Don't touch the batteries, want to avoid having to do a RAMClear.
There's a process to removing the CPU box, like iDesign said, the lever on the right side, it locks the CPU in, it also unlocks the CPU by lifting up on the lever...
You'll have to help it along...  Maybe even get a little rough with it.

One thing to try while the screen is blank, turn the jackpot reset key and see if a screen comes up??

Offline Dirty Slots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Dirty Slots New User barely matters.Dirty Slots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 05:04:42 AM »
Whoever this Vendor is should be handling this problem for you. You paid I'm guessing about $2500 with shipping, and it came with a broken candle? I hope they are sending you a replacement. They should be on the phone with you figuring it out.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal