New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB-1 Top Box Lost communication  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Uni777

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Uni777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS BB-1 Top Box Lost communication
« on: August 26, 2022, 04:38:13 PM »
Have a WMS BB-1 top box lost communication, any help would be greatly appreciated.I’ve literally tried everything replaced power supply, new batteries top box & mpu board , swapped out TSE board , checked CF cards, ram cleared multiple times, unplugged and re-plugged all molex connections. Tested voltage on top verified correct voltage. ??! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks..

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WMS BB-1 Top Box Lost communication
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 07:57:28 PM »
What game are you trying to run?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 06:45:00 AM »
Reel ‘em In big bass bucks. I purchased machine with call attendant on screen, brought it home changed top box battery and nv ram 1&2 batteries. Cleared it and set it up worked fine! Turned off machine next day turned back on and message came up top box lost communication.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 07:23:32 AM »
Test continuity on the serial cable that connects to the tsetse, if that is all good, then I would swap backplanes and/or MPU.  You may have a bad serial port.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 07:32:16 AM »
Ok, I will try that will post update later. Thanks

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »
Ok so I swapped out the back plane plugged in all molex connections to correct plug ins, I set up machine back up still have that top box lost communication! I found another serial cable and tried it to the tse box even set up another monitor on the top of machine still same thing top box lost communication. Only thing left is try another mpu board. Oh I also tried a different game title mermaids gold just in case the CF cards were possibly bad , but that didn’t work either. When I find my multimeter I will check the continuity on the tse box.
All I have time for today will have to locate another mpu.

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 07:14:19 AM »
Tried a different cpu from a working machine , still have that top box lost communication?
Hooked up a vga monitor to tse board it shows the image of the top box so not sure what else to try.
I have two different tse boxes tried them both. Any information would be appreciated.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 02:14:04 PM »
You may have a harness issue from the backplane to the top box then.  Everything else has already been swapped, so only that harness is left.

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 02:56:28 PM »
Ok, I will take a closer look at the wire harness and follow to top box , will test continuity with multimeter to make sure no break in wire. Will post update later. Thanks

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 10:04:04 AM »
Ok so I checked wires all the way to top box nothing found no breaks or cuts in wiring. So I pulled a known working board from another bb-1 installed it cleared it and set reel em in back up. Still have top box lost communication, but now  I have something on top monitor: General protection Fault - please reset system
What to do next? Any info. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 02:44:43 PM »
Update , So I tried another monitor on top to see if any thing would change and I got a different error this time. Invalid OPCODE exception - please reset system. I believe I got it narrowed down to the TSE Box as the culprit. Unfortunately I don’t have a good known working TSE box to try. Everything else on machine has been tested and or changed out with a new part. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Eddiie

• Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 02:36:31 PM »
Reseat everything on the TSE.   RAM, CF card, whatever.
When the TSE boots up, it passes all tests or is that when the error appears?

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 09:09:15 AM »
So I took out the tse box removed CF card, eprom, simms card, checked battery voltage again I have 3.13volts. Also reseated all molex plugs to top box checked under a magnifying glass for any signs of burnt marks every thing looked to be good. Plugged back into top box hooked up everything and turned on machine still flashes back and forth form blank screen to the picture image of reel em in. Have different errors that came up on top screen.
Breakpoint exception- please reset the system
Divide by zero exception- please reset the system
So here is what shows to be good
Testing non-volitale ram : test passed
Battery : test passed
Loading video application : load complete
Loading video graphics zip: just a blank black status bar?
I really appreciate all the help from NLG members , but I believe this one is out of my league. I’ve got way to much time invested in this machine already. Wish I was able to get this machine back up and running but for now probably will just change it back over to a single screen game.

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 06:23:12 PM »
Update, took my TSE box to a friends house who has the same game that I’m trying to get up and running. Plugged in my TSE box turned on machine and I got the same error top box lost communication. So not sure what is wrong with my TSE box but once I put his TSE box  back in his machine worked fine no issues. I have two bad TSE boxes. Just some important info to NLG members who may have had the same problem, I guess the TSE boxes do go bad. Before you go and change out a lot of different parts hopefully this will save you a lot of time and head aches.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 07:00:36 PM »
Have you checked inside the tsetse box to make sure the serial flat ribbon cable is plugged in all the way into the tsetse board?

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2022, 03:04:39 AM »
Up date, checked all connections in TSE box no issues found. Still have top box lost communication. I appreciate all the information.

Offline Uni777

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2022, 09:14:33 AM »
Final update:
So I decided to take another look at the TSE box, I have two of them that were not working.
One that was not displaying any picture at all and one that was trying to load up but never completely loaded up all the way meaning the red status bar.
Switched some parts around from the non working TSE I used the Bios Rom eprom for the top box 9424.
Swapped out the simms card dp133-0643211
It had a ty-wrap around the cherry switch I cut it off just because it stayed pushed in to by-pass the open door top box. Changed the battery out it had a CR 2330 my friends box has a CR 2335 is a little difference in thickness not sure if it really matters. Put TSE box back in cabinet checked all top box connections turned on machine it started loading up on red status bar then stopped it came up reset the system on the top monitor so I pushed the white little reset button on TSE box for reset. When it starting to load up the red bar finally loaded all the way , but still no picture on top. So I opened main door on cabinet turned reset key once to the right then touch the return to game closed the door machine performed memory check and what do you know it came up and now it’s working! Not sure what the actual part was bad. Either the simms card , bios rom eprom, and possibly the battery.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal