**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > CEI and Cal Omega Video Poker Games

CEI Poker machine 327-510

(1/2) > >>

kmarrocco:
Hi there.  I just picked up a CEI poker machine.   The model # is 327-510.  The main board had a dead battery so I replaced it.   When I turn on the machine, the CRT comes on but nothing is displayed.   I did find a loose wire in the cabinet.   Can anyone tell me what it is supposed to connect to and if it could be the problem?   Thanks!

Chris-socal:
Neither of those is related to it not booting correctly. I believe that is an old style connection for progressive machines.
If I had to guess your main board is not getting power from the power distribution board that is shown. I would re-seat all of those connectors, they get oxidation really bad. Deoxit if you have some.
If the computer still wont reboot you might need to do a processor reset, but only if you are comfortable working with components.
Gently pry and remove the processor chip from its socket.  Short all the legs on a small piece of aluminum foil. Replace, and restart. I know it sounds a little primitive. I had one of these and had to reset it a few times until I found the bad connector that was causing the lockouts.
Also, Im not sure if your machine needs a battery. If you have time post a picture of the machine, and computer board.

kmarrocco:
Thanks for the feedback,  here are a few more pictures.   I have replaced the battery on the mainboard and it is secure.   I will look at reseating all of the connectors in the machine as a next step.

Badbaud:
Remove all socketed chips and clean their leads with an eraser, if the sockets pins are not shiny spray a small amount of DeOxit on the pins, let set for 10 minutes, then blow them dry before you plug the IC back in.

kmarrocco:
Thank you for the feedback.  I have tried removing all socketed chips and all pins are shiny.  I have placed them all on a metal surface for several minutes and then put them back in.  However, the machine still will not boot.  Any further ideas?  Would it be helpful if I share a video of the power up?  The screen comes up with faint horizontal lines for a few seconds and then nothing is displayed.  It is just sort of dark grey. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version