Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff > Arcade Games **Video**

I bought a box of non working arcade boards. Hope to get some working!

(1/2) > >>

maxwar:
I had hinted about making this topic a couple weeks ago in the welcome forum!
I got carried away with other stuff and projects and only today did I start digging in the pile of electronics to see if I can salvage something.

I have a little bit of experience fixing electronics and games but only fixed one arcade board before, a NBA Jam. Culprit was a broken trace.
I am not an expert and am self learned but I am normally aware enough to not make things worse.
I run my arcade games with a Supergun and can quickly test Jamma boards but I currently have no mean to use non Jamma games outside of ordering or building adapters for them.

So lets see what I have in this box! All are mystery boards but I think I identified a few! ( Click on the pictures to enlarge! )
Any repair help, tips, or information regarding the boards that are not identified is highly welcome!

Mystery board N.1

Identification: Seta Aleck 64 Jamma board  - Game most likely magical Tetris challenge!
Observation: Very dirty!! Two capacitors are missing on the right. Clearly ripped off, parts of the legs still showing. Mask rom on top left has rusty pins.
Plan: Replace the two caps and test. If non working, clean it and inspect further.

Mystery board N.2

Identification: Unknown, has all the Looks of a Jamma bootleg 
Observation: Very dirty!! The connector is in a sorry state and corroded, looks like it was sanded in the past. Has remnants of wires soldered to an expansion port, possible shorts there. Through hole components look flattened.
Plan:  Clean the connector, remove old wires and inspect through hole components for detached connection, fix if any. Then Test.

Mystery board N.3

Identification: Unknown Hai Wei board
Observation: Looks like all the roms were removed. Evidences of earlier repairs ( Reflowed ASIC ) Possibly more missing chips.
Plan:  Nothing unless I can Identify it. With parts missing not much I can do.

Mystery board N.4

Identification: Unknown Nichibutsu board.
Observation: Rather clean and no obvious Damage. I suspect this to be a non jamma board.
Plan:  Identify it

Mystery board N.5

Identification: Unknown Nichibutsu board.
Observation: Looks just like board 4 but has a battery, Rom numbers look like they follow from the first board. Quite intrigued by this pair. Rather clean and no obvious Damage.
Plan:  Identify it

Mystery board N.6

Identification: Data East board. Fighter's history Japan version.
Observation: Looks rather clean. No obvious damage.
Plan:  Make a visual inspection then test.

Mystery board N.7

Identification: Psikyo board. Sengoku Ace (J)
Observation: Looks rather clean but for traces of hand reflowing on the Processor. Possibly the most valuable board of the lot so making this one work would be great.
Plan:  Make a visual inspection then test.

Mystery board N.8

Identification: Unknown.
Observation: This little board is kind of cute. Does not look damaged but for a cap that is half thorn off. I do not think this is Jamma, does have a bootleg look to it.
Plan:  Identify it, has the number AB-22B on it. No company name or anything. Does look kind of like a bootleg.

Mystery board N.9

Identification: Psikyo board. Strikers 1945 (J)
Observation: Another cool Psikyo game. Quite dirty but not clear evidence of damage or earlier work done one the board. The big reservoir capacitor looks crusty, replacing it won't be a luxury.
Plan:  Make a visual inspection then test. Replace capacitors.

buybestslots:
today when you can buy 60 in 1 boards so cheap why  would anyone fix old boards 99% of games are remade on muti boards that sell so cheap

Mitkraft:

--- Quote from: buybestslots on March 29, 2015, 07:24:05 AM ---today when you can buy 60 in 1 boards so cheap why  would anyone fix old boards 99% of games are remade on muti boards that sell so cheap

--- End quote ---

Nearly all Multi boards are using emulation just like Mame (and sometimes actually Mame).  They very often are less accurate in recreating the original games than playing Mame on a PC. Also, original boards are much more valuable than a Multi to a collector.

maxwar:
Yep, emulation multiboards are hit and miss.  They serve a purpose but personally I prefer using real boards! There is something magic about it!

Talking of magic, I Fixed The SENGOKU ACE Board!   :propeller:

Had two broken solder joints.

One under this big capacitor.  After repairing it the board worked but had some graphical corruption.

I could change and sometimes reduce or remove the graphical corruption but pressing on the board so I knew it was a cold solder joint somewhere.
Finally found the culprit. This SMD Chip labeled LH537FGS. I reflowed it and now the board is perfect.  Could not find a datasheet for the IC so I am not sure what it does exactly.

Mitkraft:
I'm curious, what reflow method do you use?  I've got a PS3 with the "red light of death" that I need to reflow and I only know to use a heat gun but I know there are other methods out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version