New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Machine ID & missing parts estimate  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Phan000

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Machine ID & missing parts estimate
« on: July 02, 2022, 08:10:02 AM »
Saw this listed locally.

Seller states that machine reads “needs to connect to network”

Thinking this is a g23?

It looks like it’s missing the max bet button.

Not too familiar with this machine.  How much is the replacement button and necessary software?

Thanks

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Machine ID & missing parts estimate
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 01:43:27 PM »
It's a G23 alright.  From what I can see it looks complete, but I can't tell if there's a MPU in it or not.  Replacement button will run ya ~$70.  You'll also need an Ekey 7 for it and a diagnostic drive too.  The Ekey 7 will set ya back $400 or so, diag drives are around $25. 

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 03:17:51 PM »
Thanks, much appreciated!

Not able to look at it until next weekend.

Where is the mpu located in this machine?

Thanks again.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 04:30:43 PM »
It's located on the bottom left hand side of the machine.  It's accessed by removing the front (belly) door below the button deck.  The gray ribbon cable coming off of the cabinet controller connects to it along with video/usb/serial cables.  What are they asking for it?

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 08:26:27 PM »
$600,  but I think $400-500 seems reasonable, if it has an mpu.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 08:37:48 PM »
That a good deal in my opinion and area.  Good luck!

Offline topgun911

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • topgun911 New User barely matters.topgun911 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 05:03:40 AM »
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=36356.0

If you decide to get Machine and if still available
Check out link I sent for topper

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 06:31:51 AM »
$600,  but I think $400-500 seems reasonable, if it has an mpu.
The MLD monitor is worth more than that if it works.

Offline RodneyK

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • RodneyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 02:37:53 PM »
Here are your biggest concerns IMHO.

The MLD. They are hard to find and expensive. If it does work make sure all the fans are going. If not replace them ASAP.

Next is MPU.

Then probably buttons. I’m guessing they all don’t light up as they should. If you can live with it like that then you just need the one. And if the others don’t work and that’s the direction you are cool with a dead screen one shouldn’t cost you much. Getting them all back up with good screens if needed can be quite an expense.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 09:19:31 AM »
Thanks for the advice.  Hope to see it next week.

Without any software,  should the remaining buttons light up?

Top screen & main mb screen?  Seems like it must have a processor if the display is asking for a network connection?

Offline RodneyK

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 02:43:57 PM »
For the buttons the first to come up are the edge lights. Then the initial IGT splash screen assuming the screens work. Eventually they go to the time out screen until machine finishes booting. During boot up the screens and edge lights will go dark from time to time. So yes, if they work they will light up without software.

Main MLD is the expensive one. Top not so much.

I would agree that if it is getting to the point of asking for network connection that it probably has an MPU.

Hope to see it next week? More like hope it’s still around. For $500/$600 I’d buy it right now. I’m surprised it’s still around.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 06:31:08 PM »
I agree.  If it were by me I would have bought it already.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 08:25:18 PM »
If there's an mpu there, it's missing the top cover, which you really need in order for the thermal fan flow to work right and not overheat the chipsets.  If it doesn't have a cover, you should source one
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 05:43:42 AM »
Hope to see it next week? More like hope it’s still around. For $500/$600 I’d buy it right now. I’m surprised it’s still around.

Seller is out of town till Sunday.

Thanks for the great advice and details.  I don’t think this seller knows what he has.  Appears to be with some junk in a storage unit.

Thanks again!

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2022, 05:24:25 AM »
Going to buy this machine tomorrow,  unless there are any obvious issues.

This photo was also in the ad.   Seems like all of these cables should be plugged inside of the machine, correct?

Strange to see them hanging out like that.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2022, 08:25:50 AM »
Yeah, those are the cables that should be plugged into the front of the MPU. 

Offline RodneyK

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2022, 07:03:55 PM »
Did you get it?

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 02:58:24 PM »
Picked it up today.

It is missing an mpu,button,  and possibly some other items.  From a storage wars type reseller.  $200

Not really sure where to start. My plan is to slowly get the missing parts & eventually have it replace my older game king.

The top fan on the lower monitor is not working.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:45:47 PM by Phan000 »

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2022, 05:41:46 PM »
Congratulations!  You got a helluva deal scoring that for $200.  Find that button and MPU, the rest looks to be complete and hopefully working.

Offline RodneyK

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2022, 05:56:02 PM »
Yes, great job! The two orange lights on the back of the MLD when powered on are concerning. Hopefully I wrong.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal