**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Other Reel Games

CEI Hot Slot Restoration Ques 1 Capacitor Selection

(1/2) > >>

tryingtolearn:
Starting off with the visual inspection I had two areas burnt up and 1 was missing all together . (Fortunately whoever was in here before wrote some values on the board - I hope they are accurate)

The small caps at C82 C83 and C89  are  what burned up, The larger electrolytic caps are no good (according to the meter)
C81,C84,C85, C73,C76

The ceramic caps on the rest of the board are marked .1M (Underlined)(Like in the last pic
I am Assuming thats 0.1uF +/-20% but there is no voltage rating -

Is it safe to at least double the rating of the larger electrolytic when selecting the replacement ceramics in this situation? 

Hope that makes sense.

shortrackskater:
I'm not sure about doubling the rating; maybe someone else will chime in. I'd think slightly over the rating would be sufficient.
Have you checked the traces? I see some possible trace damage where that heat occurred.

tryingtolearn:
Definite damage yes, just wanted to get the parts ordered - fixing the board will be happening while waiting on shipping lol.
Then have to determine what the cause was to burn all three ceramic caps out...

Turning out to be an interesting project - noticing issues with the game and reel EPROMs now as well - only half seated and 1 missing lead broken off.

Little bit of everything on this.

shortrackskater:
I'd check out those voltage regulators too!

tryingtolearn:
Looks like all 4 have been previously replaced , but yes did that, they all checked out good. 

Read in a different post if the Voltage is off on VR5 (The LM350) To check U52.
Going to trace that down in the a.m. and see what all it is connected to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version