New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Thread Transfers  (Read 68707 times)

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
Thread Transfers
« on: February 09, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
Tacman I moved your pm to an open topic so all can see what is going on...
And hopefully volunteer to moderate a topic and or help / Move topics just like your doing>>>

>>> Great Job Dan it looks good all the important stuff with out all the fluff-junk post to go along with it.....

:drinking_too_much: "Great taste, less filling"   :drinking_whiskey:

Joey, I started transferring important problems/answers from the Gamemaker topic. I have been trimming the threads to the basic questions/answers and supporting docs/pics to cut it short. If that is OK, then I will continue with the WMS video topic next, since I am the topic moderator for those two. After that, I will let you know what topic is next. Maybe a post listing topic transfer and the responsible member, so no overlap occurs. If you want me to hold off from transferring let me know.

Dan (tacman)

If you want to mod a topic post which one you want and we will add your name to it.   :hail:

If you are going to move topics please post which one you are working on so we done get an overlap.
  :stirthepot:

And as always  :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: you guys are the core/glue that makes NLG what it is.....   :sherlock: Here's to you. Cheers.........    :cheers:   ..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:32:21 PM by Joeylc »
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Thread Transfers
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »
Yeah, Joey, its working. No other bites yet?

Dan (tacman)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »
I can work on the GK/Igame posts if ya want me to.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 09:06:17 PM »
I'd be willing to Mod a topic I know something about, like in the IGT platform or whatever. Would need to be trained a bit though I guess. Also would be glad to help move threads if you tell me what and how to do it. Not a computer guru, but not out of the sludgy part of the IQ pool either

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:14:02 AM »
I can work on the GK/Igame posts if ya want me to.

It's all yours your added you to the mod list IGT I-Game and Game King Thanks
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 08:18:07 AM »
I'd be willing to Mod a topic I know something about, like in the IGT platform or whatever. Would need to be trained a bit though I guess. Also would be glad to help move threads if you tell me what and how to do it. Not a computer guru, but not out of the sludgy part of the IQ pool either

gave ya IGT S2000 and Vision Games...  Thanks :)
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »
Hey Guys, this transfer is a bit of a hassle because of the editing, but here is how I do it and it seems to work for me:
I open two windows, one for the old site and one for this site. I review posts in the old site that have important info/pics or specific problems and hopefully solutions. You create the same name thread in the new site topic and then you then highlight and copy from the old site and paste into the new site thread.The highlight is accomplished by left click mouse button and hold over text you want to copy then release left button. Then right click mouse button, choose copy and then go to new site thread topic, right click and choose paste.
I also copy over pics and attachments, these you will have to right click over the pic or attachment file and save them on you computer (I have a folder on desktop). You can then attach them to the thread on the new site. You can only attach 2 pics/attachments per post.
Please review the posts in the thread and cut out the BS, and only repost the problem/solutions. I add the member ID to the post if it isn't already there so the member gets the credit for the info. You may have to "Modify" the post after you first post it because the format pushes everything together. Take a look at the threads I transferred in Gamemaker or WMS video to get an idea.
I do not transfer any problem post if it does not have a successful resolution, this would not benefit any members searching with the same problem. Let them repost the problem on the new site and someone may now have the answer.
Thanks for the help!
Dan (tacman)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:03:17 AM »
Tacman, in reading through the topic forum on the old site I notice, especially in the S2000 section, there are a crapload of topics to go through, around 2500 in that one and a lot of it is repetitious. The bypassing door optics topic for example is a very long thread, but could actually be eliminated with a new sticky topic titled correctly and one reply with a diagram. Do all the "conversational" or "debate" type replies need to come with it? It doesn't seem necessary, to me, to transfer 4 pages of replies for what is really a straight forward simple answer. I know you stated you glean the best info from a topic when you move it, just wondering how much of the tree can be left behind

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 11:15:56 AM »
Trim the thread as much as possible, if it is just a problem and solution with fluff in between, then cut it to the quick. Just remember though that in some problems, there may be different avenues to check (if viable), try and put these in as well as the solution. What may have fixed the problem for the original poster, may not work for someone searching the topic, one of the other possibilities may be their solution. Also try not to copy and paste links to other threads on the old site as a solution, if the site crashes or is eventually closed, the link would be useless.
My condolensces, the S+ and S2000 topics are both gonna be a BEAR to go through and transfer, Good Luck!
Dan (tacman)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 11:30:46 AM »
Thanks for the tips Dan.  I'll try to get started this evening or tomorrow. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »
I'll take on the S+ stuff.  No need to attach my name as a moderator of that topic, though. 
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 08:16:44 AM »
if we add you to it .... it will give you a few new moderator button's to work with. ?? it's up to you ...
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 11:02:28 AM »
I'm avail if there's anything other topics/whatever you need assistance on. Just let me know, I'm here if you think of anything!  :yes:

Roz
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »
You could look through the forum index tab, if there is a topic you're interested in and there's no moderator name in red, let Joey know the topic so he can assign it to you and then have at it.

Dan (tacman)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »
Will do...

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 11:29:20 AM »
Well, since all the GOOD ones are taken already! I see the Bally Alpha, Konami, and Odyssey need some love. Give me some general instructions and I'm all over it!

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »
General instructions and a few tips are in messages I posted in this thread a couple of messages up. It may get a little frustrating but once you get the hang of it, it will get easier.

Dan (tacman)

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
I'm good for any.  previous Bally, rants and raves etc.    I have been crazy busy with my day job lately, but will begin to transfer posts as soon as I can.  Obviously only meaningful posts. 
I assume we are leaving the posts on the old site also.

It's good to see so many hands helping with this.   :applause:

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »
Will we be doing any of the Rants, eBay, Craigslist, Classifieds? I'm kinda busy this week, but could really put some time in in the upcoming weeks. Just let me know if we think of some topics not covered. I'm a nerd and like doing this kind of thing.

Roz

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Hey Guys, this transfer is a bit of a hassle because of the editing, but here is how I do it and it seems to work for me:
I open two windows, one for the old site and one for this site. I review posts in the old site that have important info/pics or specific problems and hopefully solutions. You create the same name thread in the new site topic and then you then highlight and copy from the old site and paste into the new site thread.The highlight is accomplished by left click mouse button and hold over text you want to copy then release left button. Then right click mouse button, choose copy and then go to new site thread topic, right click and choose paste.
I also copy over pics and attachments, these you will have to right click over the pic or attachment file and save them on you computer (I have a folder on desktop). You can then attach them to the thread on the new site. You can only attach 2 pics/attachments per post.
Please review the posts in the thread and cut out the BS, and only repost the problem/solutions. I add the member ID to the post if it isn't already there so the member gets the credit for the info. You may have to "Modify" the post after you first post it because the format pushes everything together. Take a look at the threads I transferred in Gamemaker or WMS video to get an idea.
I do not transfer any problem post if it does not have a successful resolution, this would not benefit any members searching with the same problem. Let them repost the problem on the new site and someone may now have the answer.
Thanks for the help!
Dan (tacman)

Tacman..... I changed the Max number of attachments per post to 6 for now..  :yes: :yes: :yes: let me know if it helps..
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal