New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Thread Transfers  (Read 68870 times)

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Thread Transfers
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
Rich  Joey locked most of the threads on the old site and they are now read only.  Next time you want to move some stuff, call Joey and he can unlock  it for you.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 08:18:37 AM »
Still looking for volunteers to help move over Threads....  :applause: :applause: :applause:

We lots of topics left over...  just look at the blank topics here,,,, 
    http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=forum

:thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2014, 09:19:38 PM »
Joey, as in my response to the Moderators Wanted thread, I'd be happy to take on CEI Video Poker; and if I don't break my pick consolidating and moving those threads,
I'd take on Other Video.  However, beyond the mechanics of moving, modifying, and deleting posts,
I would like to know more about what a moderator should do, and when to use the tools described.
For instance, in addition to pitching in with help in a familiar area, and moving threads
to more appropriate areas, does a moderator ping other members to chime in in their known area of expertise?
Post questions and surveys to keep the interest up?
Delete obscene posts?
PM users in a pissing match to grow up?

If I'm being a clueless dickhead here, just tell me; I just like to know if there's a bridge out before I start laying rubber down the road. :RoadRunner1:

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
Thank you guys (reply posted on different thread). I will do my best.
Please check out this first transfer http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1039.0
I used the Print function to put the entire old thread into Word, where I could edit freely; and saved the photos
to my Downloads. When edit was finished, I posted on the new site with the minimum number of separate posts
determined by which posts had photos.

Seemed like an efficient way for me, but is this acceptable? If not, I will gladly rework it.

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 05:48:00 AM »
SolidSilver, just reviewed your transfer and it looks great! Good job, thanks for volunteering.

Dan (tacman)

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
Coming across many posts requesting manuals; someone uploads the manual to the site; shortly thereafter the manual is gone;
time-after-time-after time.

I'm guessing it's because the manuals are Copyrighted, and have been removed to protect the site from scavengers lawyers.

Is this correct? If so, would it be reasonable in the appropriate places to say something like [Moderator's Note: posted copyrighted manuals and other documents are subject to removal for the protection of NLG]  ?

Offline StatFreak

• rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • StatFreak New User has no influence.
  • Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:19 AM »
Coming across many posts requesting manuals; someone uploads the manual to the site; shortly thereafter the manual is gone;
time-after-time-after time.

I'm guessing it's because the manuals are Copyrighted, and have been removed to protect the site from scavengers lawyers.

Is this correct? If so, would it be reasonable in the appropriate places to say something like [Moderator's Note: posted copyrighted manuals and other documents are subject to removal for the protection of NLG]  ?

Manuals were mostly too large to attach to posts and also would have gotten buried that way, and we didn't want endless copies uploaded every time someone requested the same manual again in a new thread since that would take up far too much space.

However, we wanted to provide a way to share these large documents since most members' email systems had limits on the maximum size of attachments, so most of those requests were filled by placing a copy in the "Share a file" section where we had provisions for large files and everyone reading the thread could go to find it if they wished.

They were left there for a short while and new requests were referred without the need to re-upload. We cleared it out on a regular basis, though. In addition, we had to abandon it when hackers started uploading malicious code in attempts to compromise the site, so nothing remains now.
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. :mail_2:

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2014, 08:36:43 AM »
if you can send them to the downloads link:    http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads
this is what we use now....
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline channelmaniac

• Surface mount soldering geek
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Few things are better than fixing an old game...
    • Arcadecomponents.com - Looking for hard to find chips?
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 08:21:28 AM »
I'll move my repair logs over here over the next week or two... and will move the monitor logs too.
I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com

Offline channelmaniac

• Surface mount soldering geek
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!channelmaniac Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Few things are better than fixing an old game...
    • Arcadecomponents.com - Looking for hard to find chips?
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
I'll move my repair logs over here over the next week or two... and will move the monitor logs too.

Whew... SNK logs are left to move... all the others are done and some new log entries added tonight for boards I've repaired over the past month.

Once those are done, I'll start on monitors and look to see what Arcade section stickies should be moved over.
I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »

Whew... SNK logs are left to move... all the others are done and some new log entries added tonight for boards I've repaired over the past month.

Once those are done, I'll start on monitors and look to see what Arcade section stickies should be moved over.

Good deal  :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal