New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Should I Buy  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Joopers7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Joopers7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Should I Buy
« on: March 04, 2021, 05:44:56 PM »
So I'm looking to buy my 1st slot machine. Found one on FB Market for $300, only backlights come on. No tension on reels...this is a Wild Cherry slot....worth it to buy and try to fix or move on??

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Should I Buy
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 05:57:52 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

It would be helpful if you would post pictures or a link.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 06:15:48 PM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 08:53:53 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 06:21:47 PM »
S+ power connectors are notorious for causing this problem.  Doesn't mean that's what it is, but a good probability.  If it's complete, and the battery hasn't leaked and destroyed the MPU board(not common, but happens) then it's probably worth it.  You can always try to negociate a lower price too.  A new replacement power cable will run ya $25 - $30 shipped.

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 12:38:25 PM »
This would cause No LEDs as well??

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 03:23:39 PM »
It would cause the LCD to not work. I don't know of any LEDs in a S plus.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 04:33:38 PM »
Sorry that's what I meant, im new to this game but wanna learn.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 05:50:58 PM »
Yes, if it's the power supply connector the machine is dead except for the fluorescent lights. 

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 03:31:11 PM »
Okay so I'm in my machine, I noticed a couple of disconnected wires, but no where for them to go. I replaced the main power cable but I'm a little confused as to where I would find the "main connector" is this inside the power supply?? Is there a video or another topic that could shed some light on this for me?? Thanks for your patience.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 404
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »
Go get your camera and snap a picture of what you're talking about.

See down there in GREEN?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 04:54:11 PM »
The power connector that is known for getting burnt is circled in the attached photo.  It's on the back side, the connector off and turn it around to see if it's burnt.  If so, you can usually get it working by reseating it a couple of times, but it will eventually go out again.

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 06:20:59 PM »
Reseated...nothing

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »
Wide view

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 07:01:29 PM »
Well so much for the really simple fix then.  Pull the mpu board out and look it over for any visible signs of damage.   Burnt components, leaking battery, etc.  While you're at it measure the battery voltage.  It comes out by pulling straight up on the black knob on the back wall.  Also pull and check the fuses.

I'm not sure what those wires went to either.  Possibly that small interface board nearby?  I'm not sure what that's for, it's not part of a stock S+ machine.  Possibly part of a player tracking system.

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »
Okay so I replaced all the fuses....progress!! Sort of. Now I have the red LCD display on displaying 61 under Winnet paid and a green and white flashing light on top....however the reels haven't reset yet and no sound or blue lid display on top. Board looks super great so signs of burn or corrosion. Could it be a battery at this point?

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 07:46:53 PM »
I hit the reset for one second, got an audio ding which was pretty exciting but now saying 61.   1
I looked under the codes and it appears bad cmos RAM. Uggghhj so now what?

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 07:51:47 PM »
hold it in again for two more seconds

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 07:58:49 PM »
That's great :applause: .  No, after you get the 61-1 close and latch the main door, then turn the jackpot reset key once.  That should do it.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 08:08:30 PM »
That's great :applause: .  No, after you get the 61-1 close and latch the main door, then turn the jackpot reset key once.  That should do it.

I wuz just going one step at a time.....  :Tongue_Out: :rotfl:

Offline Joopers7

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2021, 09:40:16 PM »
Okay!! We are working pretty good now, 3 things, upper display isn't working, buzzing sound coming from the reel area and how do I coin for tokens, my change in (inside) does not look like the ones I've seen on some of the videos where you can just insert a coin or token. Thanks for all your help!! Got me a good machine and was only a fuse!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal