Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators

IGT S+ with JCM DBV-200 not working

(1/2) > >>

padamez:
Hi, I'm a newbie here and my first post. I recently acquired my first slot machine from an antique shop with an eye on getting a second one.
I have a IGT S+ Triple Diamond Deluxe with a DBV-200 -B0023 (DBV IDO-22/23 V-2 40-0403 Flash), SP731 Game Chip. Thanks to this site I was able to get most everything working with the exception of the BV which does nothing. I have 12v from the the power supply to the BV, the PS has the black vented cover. I have the right-hand LED on solid. I have no power going over to the bezel on the door. I enabled the BV and set the denomination for 25 and verified it using the test procedures.  I tried testing it with dip switch 6 and it does nothing. I am at the point of thinking about locating a new head but wanted to post this first to see if anyone has any other ideas or sees something I may have overlooked. BTW I am enjoying my first taste of learning about the world of slots!

Stayouttadabunker:
Hmm... :scratch-head_2: What SET chip are you using to enable it?

It shouldn't be an issue as the SP731 is a fairly standard SP GAME prom chip and should be enabled by just about any SET chip but I want to verify.
The SP731 can use SET05, SET015, or SET017 to modify the denomination and enable/disable the bill acceptor.

Re-check and make sure your denomination is indeed set for a quarter and NOT set for zero.
This below, is from the PSR731 sheet...>>>

Bill Acceptor Enabled, Disabled Display <0> [9] Indicates if the bill acceptor is enabled { 1 ) or disabled (0).

Just for the heck of it, you can also try re-seating the cashbox...sometimes that helps get the DBV going.

padamez:
I am using a set015 chip
cash box has been reseated many times.
i verified the denomination indicates 25 and BV is enabled using the test button options.
Also, it fails to do anything when I test it using dip switch 6 procedure with transport not attached.

Stayouttadabunker:
ok.... if there's no power going thru the harness to the door bezel, that tells us the validator isn't ready to accept bills.

History, did you ever see this bill head work?
The seller didn't mention anything about it not working?
I wish I could help you further other than for you to re-check the connections to the bill acceptor harness.
Make sure no wires are broken on the harness to the pins.

I don't know anything about a dip switch #6 test.
I've never had to check bill acceptors with that.
I just make sure the bill acceptors are flashed correctly, the harnesses are good, the bezel lamps aren't burned out, and the acceptor paths and sensors in the head, are clean.

padamez:
From the JCM DBV-200 Bill Validator Operation and Maintenance Manual (Rev B) (I acquired the manual from this from this site)
Referring to the dip switches on board the head.

"With the power off, set the DIP switches for the
 test. Set Bank-2 #6 on. Turn on the power. Turn
 Bank-2 #6 off. The motor will cycle. Insert a bill."
 Once this is done the BV is supposed to accept a bill and then spit it out again.

I could not contact the owner who was selling the machine thru an antique dealer.
There was a note on the machine stating the BV needed an upgrade, but I had no idea what that meant.

This problem has existed since purchasing the machine so no I never have seen it work.

All associated cables have been checked for broken wires or bent pins, nothing abnormal was found.

All I can think of is to try another head  :Scratch-Head:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version