Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors > Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
Coin dropping through IGT PE+
<< < (2/3) > >>
Chris-socal:
We need to look at what the LEDs on the comparator are doing. We also need someone familiar with PE+ initialization who can tell us how we know if the device is activated.

As a side note I turn those diverters off by removing a wire, they almost always start buzzing. Be sure to insulate the exposed wire.

Chris
jay:
Lets start with the basics.

1. Do you have a sample coin in the comparator - what denomination is it ?  You may want to swap it for a different coin. Sometimes a coin sitting in a comparator for a long period of time has its metal properties shift just enough that it doesn't register. Happens more commonly with Tokens.

2. What model of comparator do you have ? CC-16D ??

3. Under the comparator is a optic board. Look closely - very closely - there should be a tiny (super tiny) button on this. With the door open press that button and it should put a test credit on the machine. Which you can play with the door open.
agordon117:

--- Quote from: Chris-socal on March 18, 2024, 08:16:02 PM ---We need to look at what the LEDs on the comparator are doing. We also need someone familiar with PE+ initialization who can tell us how we know if the device is activated.

As a side note I turn those diverters off by removing a wire, they almost always start buzzing. Be sure to insulate the exposed wire.

Chris

--- End quote ---
We know the machine is activated because the bill acceptor works and the game plays fine with that. 
agordon117:

--- Quote from: jay on March 18, 2024, 09:47:51 PM ---Lets start with the basics.

1. Do you have a sample coin in the comparator - what denomination is it ?  You may want to swap it for a different coin. Sometimes a coin sitting in a comparator for a long period of time has its metal properties shift just enough that it doesn't register. Happens more commonly with Tokens.

2. What model of comparator do you have ? CC-16D ??

3. Under the comparator is a optic board. Look closely - very closely - there should be a tiny (super tiny) button on this. With the door open press that button and it should put a test credit on the machine. Which you can play with the door open.

--- End quote ---

1: I did change the sample coin.  It's a quarter. 

2: the picture is of my comparator, it says CC-16-D-VAC-R1

3: The test credit button works fine, machine plays normally when adding credits that way. 
jay:
Per the BV - thats great news.

With the door open if you push the large white test button you will get to a screen that you can do some coin in tests.

Can you post a picture of your coin-comparitor - specifically the harness.
If you do a Cell phone pic - the image will be too large to upload but if you mail it to yourself you will get the option to reduce size, and then post that image.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version