New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt reel touch slot machine sound issue resolved  (Read 2033 times)

Offline marc secord

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • marc secord New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • n/a
igt reel touch slot machine sound issue resolved
« on: December 19, 2018, 02:20:33 PM »
hello I have an igt real touch slot machine and was wondering if anyone can help I was playing with it one day unplugged it went back the next day plugged it in and it came on but there was no sound. I checked the wiring and everything was still plugged in with no problems I went ahead and cleared the machine using the 97 and 31 chip just to make sure there wasn't a problem with the mpu ,everything booted up with no problem but still no sound no hum no buzz nothing I also checked to make sure the volume was up and it was I have looed at the amp and didn't see any problem there either no blown cap, but I was reading that the sound comes out of the video part of the machine I did look at the caps and didn't see any blown caps but not sure which one is for the audio can anyone give any ideas on what to look for next thanks

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: igt reel touch slot machine sound issue resolved
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »
On the side of the top box there are three mini plugs .
A blue, pink and green.  You should be able to plug into the blue one with a set of ear plugs or head phones and see if the top box is producing sound.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline marc secord

• NLG
    • n/a
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:23:45 PM »
I will give that a try also I read where there is a volume control to adjust the volume just for the video I hope I can figure it out but not sure where the volume control is can anybody help with that thanks

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
I'm sorry green one on the top box.
Try that and report back
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »
Press the button on the MPU.
Go to the set up screen it's the last one under the key chip button. Then navigate to the LCD volume an adjust from there. Note if you have headphones from your test they must be removed to hear sound from the speakers.

Offline marc secord

• NLG
    • n/a
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 11:39:14 AM »
I turned on the machine and still no sound and again the machine and video works fine, so I got out my head phone and yes there is sound coming out of the machine so it is getting the sound to that point but still nothing coming out of the speakers now I did check the video volume and it is on 7 so that's not the problem I also checked where that wire plugs into the video board to make sure that was plugged in I also swapped the amp with a good amp and still no luck what is next

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »
Marc,
Sounds like you and TJ are having similar issues.
Read the last post I put on his topic about where the sound is connected both inside the top box and outside. Also I will trace where the wires go from the bottom right corner (looking at the back of the top box) to the line amp on the back of the cabinet. Also if you could post a good picture of the connections to the line amp(sound).
I'm still at work so it will be later today.
Also some reel touch machines did not use the bottom right connections on the top box, there was a mini plug like the one for your headphones and that was how they got the sound signal to the line amp so look around in the top cabinet and see if it's lying around with the rats nest of other wires. A picture of the connections on the back of the top box wouldn't hurt either.

Rich

Offline marc secord

• NLG
    • n/a
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »
here we go, ok so you have no sound, first thing  you have checked, wires plugged in, yes, amp good, yes .power to amp, yes, pushed button next to mpu scrolled to section 8 checked volume, yes , video and slot machine up and running ,yes ,also opened up video and found no blown caps or unplugged wires ,yes ,also you tried plugging a set of head phones into the green plug in on the side of the video box yes and there was sound there but still nothing coming out of the speakers, so you have tried everything and still no sound ,  well I was there to so here is what I tried and figured out what was wrong , go to the amp which is behind the video screen , reach through and unplug the upper right speaker wire plug and hit the reel spin button and see if you have sound I did there was a short in one of my bat ear speakers and that stopped all sound for the whole game something else you can try is unplug one speaker at a time to try to figure out which on is bad. I was going nuts trying to figure this out the machine worked perfect one day and the next day no sound at all no hum or buzz nothing , once I figured out which speaker was causing the problem I took it apart fooled with it then it started working again put it back on the machine and again no sound so I am going to just replace the fool thing so anyways hope this helps someone out there thanks for all the advise and help

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 03:23:10 PM »
Nice job that one was a hair puller

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal