New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Fortune II MPU board transformer  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Fortune II MPU board transformer
« on: May 04, 2021, 03:57:49 PM »
Hi all,

I have just recently picked up an IGT Fortune II. I person I got it from said that he replaced the battery and then it stopped working. I took a look at the board and the LEDs in the back were not on which led me to believe I was missing a voltage. When I pulled the board out, I first looked at the transformer attached to the metal plate that the MPU board was on. I used a multimeter in continuity mode to check that both the coils in the transformer were still connected and not blown. The primary coil on the transformer, where 120AC goes in to the transformer, had no continuity so the coil was blown.

My question: I don't know what the voltages output by the transformer was and was hoping that someone who has one of these machines would either know or be able to measure the voltage for me.

I had found in the downloads section a schematic for the boards in my machine, and was sent one by badbaud, but the schematic he referenced when I asked about this transformer was for a board with a different part number and had a LM323K voltage regulator instead of the LM338K that was on my MPU board. The part number that was on the schematic is 75603710, and the part number of my MPU board is 75700190.

I would really like to try to get the board running, even if I had to temporarily supply the voltage of the transformer through and outside power source just so I know my board works and is worth the money.

Thank you for reading my rather long post, and I am really hoping someone here that know more about these boards than me can help!
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
Re: IGT Fortune II MPU board transformer
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 04:33:02 PM »
Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ZsgiS6z

I tried three times, and the nlg attachments would not work, I made sure they were less than 1000KB So I just uploaded them here:  https://imgur.com/a/ZsgiS6z
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
Re: IGT Fortune II MPU board transformer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 06:01:26 AM »
In case anyone was wondering, the transformer is a center tapped 16 volt transformer. The center tap is grounded giving you two 8 volts sources 180 degrees out of phase with one another. Then it is rectified and regulated.
Thanks,
Justin

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal