New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I bought a new toy! Well... an old F2 actually. GENERAL help/info  (Read 9473 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I just got this! Thought it was a Fortune II but turns out it's a PE (Model 1170c).

Is IS an F2!  :duh:  Good thing I can move topics.

I paid $80 for it (owner wanted $140, I offered $50, settled at $80), and brought it home. The reason it didn't power up was that the plug was disconnected internally.
I powered it up and got a CALL ATTENDANT screen. Pulled out the top MPU (I'm not sure what the bottom is for yet) and immediately replaced the lithium battery. I then got a deck of cards on the screen and after fiddling around with it, got a working machine.
But after playing around more, the machine locked up with a coin-in error!. An hour later, after cleaning everything I could around the coin in/optics/comparitor area, I got it working again! It's a cool machine. I love the "enhanced" sounds of the mid 80's era.
Today will be machine cleaning and bulb changing day for me. The only thing I'd like is to find a coin tray for it. Now it just has a kick plate and the coins just spit down. It looks like it may have once had a tray but I can't really tell for sure.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:24:58 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: I bought a new toy! Well... an old F2 actually.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
Do you suppose an S+ coin tray would fit?

Dave
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:25:27 PM by shortrackskater »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: I bought a new toy! Well... an old PE actually.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »
That is a cabinet of a Fortune II.. The buttons on the right side of the monitor is the sure give away.. Looked in my garage for a tray. I have 4 machines but only two have trays. I thought I had more? I'll keep looking..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:32:41 PM »
Mark, let me know if you don't find a tray. We are going through our F1s and F2s right now and can probably get you one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:25:57 PM by shortrackskater »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »
Mark, let me know if you don't find a tray. We are going through our F1s and F2s right now and can probably get you one.

Mark,  You might want to take them up in there offer. I looked again and I only have one and its on my test machine. The other 3 are like yours.

Gary
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:26:21 PM by shortrackskater »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 03:23:07 PM »
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:26:47 PM by shortrackskater »

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 03:27:04 PM »
Thanks Jim... but this machine is old - I need the economy model!  :rotfl: Plus looks like they wouldn't fit. :(

Roz let me know what you have. I'm assuming it mounts to the kick plate? It looks like the "down chute" just comes off.

UPDATE
Well now I'm getting that "coin in time out" error. Last night I cleaned all the contacts I could fine around the CC, etc and it resolved it. But now it's back...
NEVERMIND --- I took apart the COD board assembly, blew out the dust, cleaned that connector and I'm back in business! Now back to changing lights... it's playing "Yankee Doodle" right now.

UPDATE...
It's back again. I simply had the door open to change bulbs and the same error came on. Each time I close the door, the COIN IN amount increases and there's two clicks on the inside of the door.
Am I missing a procedure? I took that same assembly apart and carefully looked at wires and connectors. One had a little bit of bare wire showing so I repaired that, but I don't know if that was enough exposed to cause the problem. It seems to happen intermittently. It's working again now... so we'll see when I replace more bulbs.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:27:08 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 05:31:25 PM »
Well it SEEMS to be working once and for all now. I got the "coin in time out" error again and this time I closely inspected all the connectors.
The one going to the CC was good at the CC side. The other end (a two prong going into a three... with one unused...not sure why?) looked connected but the wire was broken and hanging literally by the insulation. I think it was making contact but would disconnect when I opened the door. I soldered it back on and, so far, it's been good. I've opened the door, closed the door, left it open, etc.
Next is getting a tray and a new reset switch. I was going to flip this machine but I really like it. I think I'll keep it. It has a lot more personality than my old Fortune 1 ! I cleaned it up... the chrome came out great for a machine that looked like it had been sitting outside for year.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:27:38 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 07:36:55 PM »
Reset switch fixed. I just took.. ripped out the lock pins and reinstalled it. So far, everything is working - no "coin in time out" errors anymore. I think it was that broken wire.
All is good!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:28:01 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Re: I bought a new toy! Well... an old F2 actually. GENERAL help/info
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 08:36:05 PM »
I'm 100% sure it was the wire going to the CC, making intermittent contact, with the insulation helping to hold it together. FIXED!
I noticed all the lights around the side buttons were burned out so I bought some slightly lower voltage, "less hot" bulbs used in pinball machines. They work well but after installing them I noticed that the entire area inside of the glass was full of tobacco stains! ICK!
It's amazing what you can do with a long cotton swab. I cleaned the entire area and now it's much brighter and less yellow too.  The top "cash out" bulb flashes with the button as well. It looks much better I think.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:28:20 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Slotski

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Slotski New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »
I always liked the music on these that accompany the different wins. Very cool for machines from the 80's! Here is a picture of a back to back "Twin Thin" that has the same coin despensing chute. Never tried to attach a picture before. Here goes.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:28:44 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Re: I bought a new toy! Well... an old PE actually. GENERAL help/info
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 10:21:02 AM »
I always liked the music on these that accompany the different wins. Very cool for machines from the 80's! Here is a picture of a back to back "Twin Thin" that has the same coin despensing chute. Never tried to attach a picture before. Here goes.

Looks great! Thanks.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 10:24:44 AM »
That is a cabinet of a Fortune II.. The buttons on the right side of the monitor is the sure give away.. Looked in my garage for a tray. I have 4 machines but only two have trays. I thought I had more? I'll keep looking..

Gary

What's weird is both ID tags, inside and out say IGT PE model 1170c.
No! They didn't have PE on them! Duh! I think I just lost my vision temporarily.  I wonder if it's an early version and they used the F2 cabinet?
I don't know if that makes any difference for the tray though. I found manuals - I'll do some measuring.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:30:13 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 12:57:33 PM »
My guess is that the trays should be the same. I've seen them with the early Bally coin tray on them. You just need to drill a few holes.
It's possible that just an early PE. Does it have 1 or 2 boards inside? F2 had two trays. One was the MPU, the 2nd is IO & sound boards on one tray. They were located over the monitor.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:30:39 PM by shortrackskater »
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 02:02:00 PM »
Two trays.
Weird though... matching serial numbers on both ID plates in and out (one pictured), matching s/n on sticker inside tray door. But that one says 1170 A while both blue tags say 1170c.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:31:04 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 06:11:09 PM »
Yep, Gary's correct. 2 trays of boards = F2.

And where are you seeing the tag say "PE"? Am I missing it?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 01:12:07 AM »
Well crap...
First thing I did was just search IGT model 1170C. First hit I got was HERE and it was:

"What is the model # on the tag a PE would be a 1170 C , a Fortune II would be a model 1176 C ,  A Fortune I would be a model # 701 . I think you have a Fortune 1 looking at your picture. RON (SLOTS OF FUN)"

I didn't go any further! I just assumed (uh oh) that it was a PE. My bad.  :fryingpan:
So this goes to show I really am a doofus.
Then this is an F2 that I need the cash tray for.
Sorry.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »
Ok, I should I have 4 F2s that are going for parts, but let me check for sure.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:01 PM »
.....Then this is an F2 that I need the cash tray for.....

Looks like you've made good progress with this machine.  :cool_thumb_up:

Is the "cash tray" the same thing as a "coin tray", or does it dispense paper money as well as coins??
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 07:46:11 PM »
.....Then this is an F2 that I need the cash tray for.....

Looks like you've made good progress with this machine.  :cool_thumb_up:

Is the "cash tray" the same thing as a "coin tray", or does it dispense paper money as well as coins??

:rotfl:
I need to work on my wording... PE F2 cash coin... ahhh!!!

I can't find anything else wrong with the machine... everything is working now. I'm happy with the lower voltage lamps for behind the switches on the right of the CRT. I think that will greatly reduce the heat in that spot that tends to cook the plastic housing side (which I already super glued).

Now that would be cool to have a machine that just spits out cash!

:money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal