New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to remove - check and replace a WBA-11-SS?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TheDrunkenArcade New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
How to remove - check and replace a WBA-11-SS?
« on: November 18, 2020, 04:28:41 PM »
I'm selling my SGT Star Spangled Sevens to a guy - and he is asking me to help get the bill acceptor up to date to read new bills.

from the top of the bill acceptor it has a label saying its a WBA-11-SS

How do I  get it out of the machine, so that I can figure out how to either upgrade or replace it?

Next - where can I even buy a compatible bill accepter that will take the new bills?   Looking on ebay some guy is selling roms that says it will allow it to take the new bills - but everywhere else on forums -- looks like I need a new head unit and transport. 

I am outta my realm/league here and could use any and all help possible.  I can see where the control board is for the bill acceptor its not the multi molex its just a single black connector - so I know where the rom needs to go once I have it

Thanks! (side note a used unit that accepts the new bills is totally acceptable if it works - so if you have a spare im in the market)  I can burn my own epproms if someone has them to share if thats all I need.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 09:14:14 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: How to remove - check and replace a WBA-11-SS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »
Pull out the WBA and flip it over. You can then tell for sure if it's has a flash or eprom in it.

Sounds like the machine is a s2000. The model makes a difference on the IDO and latest release for the machine.

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 04:41:18 PM »
S6000 from everything i've seen. -- how do I get it out of the machine.. I cant figure out how the hell its mounted.. i found 2 bolts but they arent really accessable.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 04:57:56 PM »
Bally takes IDO 003. There should be an update for the new 100 for it.

In the front and at the bottom (below where the bills go in) between the two black vertical plastic pieces is a flat bar. Put a couple of fingers on the bar and pull it towards you and should pull out.

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »
you are some fine gents!

OK now that she is out:

the rom says: ID-003 V.3.10-20
WBA-11 Bally $20

so -- does this mean if I change just this rom I can get it to take the new bills? (at least 5/20's I dont care about anything bigger - but if I can do all that would be great!

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 05:35:15 PM »
OK - found this out..
Accepts $1,$5('01 & older),$10('01 & older),$20('04 & older),$50('88~'01) and $100('88~'01)bills.Includes acceptance of Next ?Generation $20 bills ('04 series,released to public Fall 2003).Accepts bills in 1 direction.Accepts JCM specified barcode tickets.Accepts shorter "Ithaca" type tickets.

and according to the jcm website this is the newest of the roms for this reader -- so I need to upgrade the reader am i understanding that correctly?

anyone got a new one or know where I can buy it.. ? 

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »
You will need a 12 or 13 transport for newer bills & 4 way acceptance. The harness must be changed to match. Your head will work on a 12/13.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »
OK - so found a wba-13-ss transport on ebay for $20.

But it doesnt say anything about the rom or ID type? do those need to match? and how hard is it to find a connector / make one? similar to an arcade jamma connector I would assume -- recommend a website to purchase from?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »
Yes you need ID003 V3.80-32i or 3.83-42i. I have a few transports. I don't know what your harness looks like. I have some for IGT machines. It's the one on back of the WBA frame that needs to be replaced. Post a picture of yours. You should be able to remove the whole frame with just a few screws.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 06:08:43 PM »
I don't remember if they use the same harness.

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 06:57:44 PM »
so the wba-13 the guy on ebay is selling has the same connector as my wba-11 at least from the photo he is using I asked him if he has the adapter too hopefuly I will hear from him soon.. thanks guys ! this has been very helpful -- do you guy have a link for the rom I can get so that when the transport gets here I can just burn it and call it a day :)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 07:05:42 PM »
What's the link to the one on eBay?  Not meaning to be rude but there are people here that sells stuff for slots. Ebay didn't offer you any help to fix the issue with the machine.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 08:38:44 PM »
Dude WBA10/11 uses a different connector than 12/13. It is possible to convert a 10/11 to a 12/13 by replacing the cpu board and transport harness. Once again, post a picture of your harness so we will know for sure what you have.

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 07:34:21 AM »
I have the one on the right of the photo you just posted.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 08:41:33 AM »
I'm not close to the shop to verify but that connection means it uses 1 meg of ram. Someone will either correct me or let you know the correct info. The connector on the left allows for 4 meg which means your more likely to get the bill acceptance for all bills in circulation. I believe you will have to stay with the last release for the 1 meg or you need to change the harness to the one on the left and get another transport that has the 4 meg memory. So if you take a picture of the pigtail that comes out of the back of the plug on the right then someone will be able to help more than I can in getting you what you need.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 09:18:19 AM »
...there are people here that sell stuff for slots. Ebay didn't offer you any help to fix the issue with the machine.  :yes:

:agreepost:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
Re: How to remove - check and replace a WBA-11-SS?
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 03:57:17 PM »
anyone here got the parts I havent ordered anything yet.. was waiting for the guy that bought it to tell me he was in -- if someone has a WBA-13-SS with the new chip already installed and the adatper I have paypal ready -- please feel free to PM me.

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
What's the link to the one on eBay?  Not meaning to be rude but there are people here that sells stuff for slots. Ebay didn't offer you any help to fix the issue with the machine.

Totally true and I am more then welcome to buy from you guys here in the community - I'm just looking for a working wba-13-ss that I can plug and play and have new bills accepted.. feel free to PM me. I have paypal ready!

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
Could you post a picture of the pigtail for the connector that the bill acceptor plugs into. All we know is that you have a Bally machine. Behind the bill housing is where you will see how the pigtail is connected.

Or you can buy the one on eBay but I think you'll be back.

Offline TheDrunkenArcade

• NLG
    • The Drunken Arcade
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
@ken I replied to RB's post with the photo in it already - I have the connector on the right of his photo.  not the one with the pins - but the open square

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal