New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT s plu 5 times pay with WBA 11 ss not taking Bills after set chip  (Read 2218 times)

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi  I recently acquired a non working S plus that needed a battery on the MPU.  After replacing the battery I got stuck in the 61 loop.  I performed a clear and set.  set  to 9 1 and .25.  The machine is working great with coins but will not take a bill.  The DBV cycles when the machine turns on but once the door is closed the bill bezel doesn't light up and wont take any bills.  Can anyone help?

Thank you
Al

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: IGT s plu 5 times pay with WBA 11 ss not taking Bills after set chip
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »
Make sure the cash can is shoved in all of the way.

Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 07:07:46 PM »
If you preformed a Ram clear you have to enable the BV with a enable chip

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 09:17:18 PM »
Hi. I tried taking out the cash can several times and slammed it in. Still same...   
I did perform the procedure with a 15 set chip twice and still same ..  anything else I can look for ?
Thanks for the replies
Al

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 09:56:58 PM »
Door switches related to the bill validating system would be the next culprit.

Switches like a switch on the door where the bill cash can is seated.

Or a door switch behind the belly glass.

Or a switch that detects the cash can is seated properly.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 11:25:41 PM »
Since the machine was cleared check to make sure that the bill validator credit limit isn't set to 0.  Also try running the bill validator test.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 09:51:30 AM »
Ok I tried looking for sensors on the cash can area and messing with the can several times again.  I don't see any optics for the can just a switch at the back that I assume the can triggers when all the way in.  I think it works because if the machine is on with the can out... And then I put the can in.. the DBV cycles once the can is inserted.  It also appears the microswitch on the cash box door is disconnected and bypassed as the two wires are joined together for it but not connected to the microswitch.. all other optics are functional.
I tried the set chip and procedure again and still no luck. The only thing I notice is when I perform the set again each time the 9-1 seems to be there when I begin but the denomination is at 0 again each time... Is it not saving the denomination?  If not why...?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 09:53:49 AM »
make sure there are two red LEDS on  (above the switches),  if so,  remove the cash can, power down machine, flip switches 1-2-3 and 8 off (down), now put the transport back in the machine, turn on the power, now flip switch 8 up, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert bills into the unit, if it is good, it should take them in and run them through the unit and deposit them where the cash can would be!.  remember, WBA only has one way acceptance,  bill up and top of  presidents  head to the right!.
    if it works then the unit is doing what it should be doing!,  did you do test #27?  when you get to 10_1, scroll through that menu and stop at 27_1.  the bezel lamps should come on,  insert a bill , it should take it in and pause, then return it.
you can check the operation of the bulbs by inserting them in the denom lamp , this will tell if they are good!

hope this helps
Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 10:00:19 AM »
Thanks !   I'll try that now

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »
you can see if the setting has been saved by going to the test where there is a #6 in the coins played window, you should hear the solenoid click  and 25 cent should be in the display and when the spin reels button is pressed it shouldn't change the display, if it does, then you haven't set the denomination properly.

when you insert the set chip and power up, press the white test button, then set the #1, then press the white test button, now set the 25 cent denom, now press the white test button to lock that in, power down and replace the SP chip, clear 61 code.

you should access the S+ flip cards in the S+ "how to" section,  describes all these test functions and what numbers should be in what display for these tests and what they mean, very informative. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 10:23:58 AM »
Ok. Bulbs are good... In section 6 I see the .25 so it saved the denomination... Flipped the switches and it took several ones into the cash box.   Tried but couldn't seem to get to the 27-1 to see that... Should I put the switch settings back to where they were?
Thanks for the help
Al

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 11:07:15 AM »
Ok weird I flipped the switches all back to the up position... Now it'll take ones but immediately pays out the four quarters..  also very slowly takes the bills... Not sure if that how it should be.. like the motor needs lubricating?
I'll check the flash cards... Is this a setting at this point?
Thanks ... I feel like I'm getting close...
Al

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 11:19:03 AM »
that a setting, depending on your SP chip, I believe its setting #8 in the 5_0 menu, the number before you check for 9_1 for the bill unit.

slow acceptance is typical for WBA units, someone else will have to recommend if there is a fix for that!, other than up grading to a WBA12  with red motors would be the way to go, you gain 4 way acceptance  and with the latest software you can have the machine accept the new 5-10 50, everything EXCEPT the new 100.

I do have those units for sale!

Jim

Signature:

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »
Thanks.  I may think about updating in the future.  Right now I'll be happy to get this one working properly.. lol
Ssi in setting 8 I set it to the same as what the hopper pay out is set at.. I'm not sure what it should be set at.  But 8 was set to 0000 before... So I noticed the bills will go to credits if the cash/credit button is pushed to light up .. but when it's pushed to pay out and not lit the bills will immediately pay out... Is it supposed to be that way?  I don't think my other machines do this.. it's a 731 game chip

Thanks
Al

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 12:01:01 PM »
This should help you with the menu settings for your Game program.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »
you have to look at the flip cards,  setting,  menu 5_0,5_1,5_2 determines how that button functions,   the 8 setting is the one prior to the 9_1 setting in that menu,  read the flip cards and it will tell you all these settings and what they mean!,  since you have a 731, you can open the door, press the white test button, now you are in the test/diagnostic mode, let the door open/ajar, use the bet one button to advance through the menus, use the bet max button to reverse the menus, use the spin button to change settings, use the change/service button to advance through an individual  menu,  e.g press white test button, press the bet one button until you see a 5_0-1-2 ,  now change it to 5_0,  now use the change/service button to advance to #8,  change it to 8_0,  , now press bet one until you get to 8 in the coins played window, use the change/service button to advance the flashing number to the next significant digit when you get to the 1000 position, use the spin button to advance that number to the desired setting,  now just close the door , latch it and the machine should save the new settings.  again, all this is explained in the flip cards.

Jim

Signature:

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2020, 12:20:57 PM »
Ok thanks Jim and Tilt, I'll study this information and see what I come up with and let you know how I make out

Thanks again !!

Al

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »
Ok I was able to navigate the settings.  I was a little confused at first lol. But all working great now  thank you!!  Was even able to set up jackpot bell... I think lol

Thank you!!

Al

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2020, 01:09:07 PM »
 :applause: .  Keep those handy as you'll likely find something else that needs to be changed.  Finding and fixing all the settings can be time consuming and confusing.  That's why we advise people not to perform a clear unless absolutely necessary.  Sometimes folks will have an error and think I'll toss the clear chip in to clear it and create more problems for themselves than what they started with. 

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2020, 01:16:40 PM »
This is the 11 th machine you all have helped me get going.   Very much appreciated!!  I'm definitely printing and saving the info... I have compiled quite a folder...
Thanks again.  It's a blast.  I like the challenge and playing the games... Just running out of room lol

Al

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal