New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA-13-SS power supply  (Read 1620 times)

Offline anchorbru@outlook.com

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • anchorbru@outlook.com New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WBA-13-SS power supply
« on: January 31, 2022, 04:15:21 PM »
I purchased an IGT s+ wild cherry machine.  Individual I bought it from said the BV worked when he got it then stopped working.  He assumed it was the power supply. So I took the power supply apart and found two power resistors had come unsoldered and one thyristor looked to have been a bit melted.  I soldered in a new thyristor and solderdered back in the two power resistors.  I tested all the caps, they were good, as well as the zener diode, which also checked good.  Put it all back together and the BV does not seem to be working. I ran the test, dip switches 1,2,3,4 and 8 on, turned machine on and turned 8 off.., bv blinks but will not accept dollars.  My two leds are on solid. When I start machine the bv seems to cycle what I think is normal.  Do I need a new power supply?  Where does one get one of these?   The power supply I have is the psa4012igt.

Any hep with this would be great

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: WBA-13-SS power supply
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 06:27:00 PM »
Check with NLG member Jim - Midwest Slots. He may have a new unit.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 06:37:54 PM »
two solid red LEDS would indicate the power supply is putting out 13vdc.

your test was wrong, its switches 1-2-3 and 8,   not 1-2-3-4 and 8.

remove the cash can, set up the transport ans see if it takes in bills, start with a one dollar bill, this is the only bill that hasn't changed. so in theory if the unit is working it should take it.

I also have all the parts you could possibly need.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 07:43:53 PM »
Did the test as you advise, bezel blinks, does not take any bills.  I also think that the dev is not cycling the same as it was after I fixed.  It use to cycle on and off now it basicLy clicks at best

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 07:58:45 PM »
with all the switches up, cash can installed, everything back to normal, when powered up,unit should cycle.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 11:08:51 AM »
with all the switches up, cash can installed, everything back to normal, when powered up,unit should cycle.

Jim

Yeah jim. I am thinking that I have killed the BV. There is now no cycling. It was doing some weird random cycling.  I am not sure if when i soldered the power supply I may have screwed something up.  I went back and inspected the circuit board and noticed that I had pooled a bit of solder that may have crossed two circuits. I cleaned that up and things seemed to be better, was getting a good cycle.  Then some random cyclings.  Never did I get the test to work properly.  Now it seems that the galidator is not even cycle, doesn

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 11:27:59 AM »

Jim

Also jim, question or two really. In attached photo, how do I gain access to tighten the mounting screws, this connector is very loose.  Also in same picture, what is this plug for?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 12:21:52 PM »
Move that connector out of the way thru the back hole.  That may be causing the other connector to not get a good connection.  It is supposed to have some play, but the transport needs to slide in all the way back.

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 12:44:04 PM »
That connector was not in the tunnel, I had just pulled it in for the picture to ask what it was for.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal