Other Hobbies and Interests that our NLG members enjoy > Other Hobbies and Interests
Winchester 1897
(1/4) > >>
David Walz:
So, the other day I had a very large, heavy box of gun parts left on the deck of my house. Seems a guy was cleaning up his late fathers estate and the dad had some gun parts. I have no idea who he is, this is not unusual, I have in the past received boxes of gun parts before so it's no big deal.
I am always looking for the screws, springs, common items. I really didn't have the time to look inside the box since I am working on the Bally 1114 slot machine however something did caught my eye.

I saw a receiver (immediately I knew what it was) to a Winchester shotgun 1897, made in 1914, this was a significant find since the history of the 1897 shotgun and WWII. After that find, knowing what to look for I dug around the box finding about 80% of the parts ( approximately 80 parts total), the barrel is missing, and a few screws which can be expected, and the barrel can be sourced. The original finish is worn off, and the brown hue is beautiful for a 108 year old shotgun. These "main" parts can be extremely expensive so I really hit pay dirt.

I will start to assemble the shotgun soon, I have some screws, pins, on order. The barrel is not a problem.  :cheerleader:
63mini:
 Tag to watch your progress.  You have nice neighbors.  I'd be lucky to have a flamin bag of dog **** dropped at my door...  :24:

Also, you may want to change the model from "1894" to 1897" since it's a shotgun and not a lever action.
David Walz:

--- Quote from: 63mini on July 29, 2023, 07:45:11 AM --- Tag to watch your progress.  You have nice neighbors.  I'd be lucky to have a flamin bag of dog **** dropped at my door...  :24:

Also, you may want to change the model from "1894" to 1897" since it's a shotgun and not a lever action.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I am a 94 collector and they are made in the 1950's. So I am stuck on that number. Usually I collect Remington shotguns, so its a learning curve for me.

We have great people here in the Matsu, I am blessed to be here every day. We have a lot of former military, law enforcement, firefighters, my neighbors are good friends, we watch out for each other, which is what we want. We are left alone mostly, we defend ourselves and we do not rely on law enforcement officers since they are patrolling a large area and they are not close by, which we like.

We are mostly about 2nd Amendment, God and country. We are nothing like the rest of the states in the US.
David Walz:
Been assembling the Winchester 97. Some screws have been buggered, I am replacing them.
David Walz:
More assembly.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version