**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

S2000 project in progress

(1/6) > >>

Brada:
Hello!

I picked up this S2000 in an unknown state. First wouldn’t power up at all. Found an issue with the power supply, will now power up. After getting it to power up got errors that all indicated bad battery on the board. Currently removing Varta battery and replacing dead coin battery with a cr2032 holder. Wondering what else I’m gonna be in for when I get the board fixed. I pulled the coin comparitor and it’s got an El Cortez dollar token in it. Looks to be similar dimensions to the Eisenhower dollars. Are there any tokens out there that are similar size? Can you still get Eisenhower dollars for a dollar or are they all collector coins now? What would it take to switch it over to modern dollar coins or even quarters? I’m assuming a different comparitor and hopper? Or would I be better off to make it Tito only? It has a ticket printer installed but no bill validator or cash box. Open to any suggestions!  Thanks!

Stayouttadabunker:
See that round plastic thing with the "Slide" label over the El Cortez coin?
Push that black plastic to the side enough so you can remove the El Cortez coin out of the coin comparitor.
Then install an American dollar coin in there as your Sample Coin.
I'm going to guess you might need a different sized wheel shelf in the coin hopper.
Also maybe a smaller coin slot on the deck and maybe even a smaller coin-in optics guide that sandwiched in there?
The set-up that's in there now might be only for the large tokens....you'd have to change out a few things to make it work for the smaller quarters...maybe not.
Ayways, you'll know when the coin hopper has to pay out if it'll work with quarters or not.

Hey...are you missing the black & blue Universal Bill Acceptor (UBA) ?

Brada:
Yes, I am missing a bill acceptor as well as a cash box. There is a piece of plastic in the coin comparitor that will not let it slide down onto a smaller coin, maybe that can be removed? Not sure what programming will be needed to get the machine working, again wondering if I would be better off to program out the coin mech and use a Tito with a uba.

hotlsot:
That coin comparitor is for large coins only. If you want to run a quarter machine you'll need a different CC.

Brada:
I got my board back installed with a new cr2032 and Varta battery removed. When I power up I get RAM ERROR. From reading on here I need to turn reset key a few times then hold the button on the board.
After turning the key once it says “ GAME EPROM CRC MISMATCH
-0xB000001”
After turning twice it says “NON-RECOVERABLE DADA ERROR”
Third time “SOME CRITICAL DATA WILL BE LOST”
Fourth time is press test switch 2-3 seconds. After I do that it says “PLEASE CLOSE THE MAIN DOOR” and I cannot get that to go away. I’ve read about the Varta battery eating at the door closure traces, but this board looks perfect. What do I need to try next? Including a picture of the board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version