**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT AVP (Including G20,G23)

IGT Fam 20 error

(1/3) > >>

Techguy:
Hey,

Getting this error when trying to run diagnostic on a Fam 20 cpu.

Any one can help?

Stayouttadabunker:
What onscreen message do you get if you try to boot up without the Diagnostic USB?
The message is telling you something is wrong with the BIOS.

Techguy:
Ok

So I left the machine alone for a bit and when i came back the machine started up but when i was clearing diagnostics the machine froze and restarted. When it restarted i checked and the OS, Foundation and game packages was removed from my previous attempt to clear. So i proceeded to reload the OS Foundation and Game packages. It allowed me to and upon restart with the E KEy to set the machine up it reached to a point and then restarted and just continued to loop there.

Was not able to try anything as that was the time i had.

sccarlso:
What OS and Ascent versions are you loading?

There are many where I had crazy issues with like random reboots and such, rebooting while loading game images, etc.

I'd recommend you do a full wipe and prepare the drive with the diag key.  Then loading these versions for your OS and Ascent Foundation if they aren't what you're currently loading.

OI020SH00403
AI020000N0003

These were the most stable for me without any major issues using a 660 brainbox with 4GB of RAM, which I upgraded a week later to 8GB and it ran much better with the extra memory.

Also based on the bios issue you experienced.  Might make sure both the bios chips are seated properly.   One loose contact and that could cause the bios error, as well a random reboots.

I did have mine reboot randomly a few times when booted with the diag key when installing a lot of game titles at once.   So I loaded just a few to setup, then went back to diag and loaded the others, but not all at once.  And if it rebooted, I reinstalled the last game it shows is installed in addition to the remaining titles I was loading, as sometimes it would be corrupt from the reboot but still show as installed ok.   Once all was loaded, it was fine.

Techguy:
Can a 660 CPU hold 8gb of ram? I though the max was 4gb?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version