**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S2000 and Vision Games

S2000 Double Sizzling 7's Project machine

(1/1)

stlscott:
Hi all, working on a Double Sizzling 7's game.  A few notes before I go into the trouble:

1.) 502 Board
2.) No damage from Varta, removed before it started causing any damage, also U79 removed, board worked 100% in another machine with DoubleDiamondDeluxe game chip on it
3.) Known good PSU installed (swapped in)
4.) No door closure issues, cash door bypassed.

Problems
- I can't set a Machine Serial # or AFT Asset # - I need to set these in order to get TITO working.  I can set ALL of the other options on the machine using the deck buttons but when I go into Machine Serial# or I go into AFT Asset number, it will no longer exit (save) the menu, nor will it allow me to set anything.  I can move down the number line (underscore) but can't set anything nor exit the menu - I have to turn off the machine to get out of that menu area.  Very strange.  I ordered a replacement I/O board for the door I/O - it's a strange one - 14940201W  (my others were all different) Just to make sure that isn't the fix. 
- Printer is being seen as "printer 2" and won't print tickets while playing.  Never seen the printer as being found as Printer2.  Printer is "enabled" under options and even the I/O test prints DEMO tickets without issue, but when you try and cash out it says "sorry printer is not available"  I made sure to try the "Discover NetPlex devices" under the Options menu for printers.  It found it - as Printer2

Just an added detail - Machine originally had a 1270 MPU in it but the 1270 wouldn't Clear (1 flashing Amber LED on clear chip) and no amber LED's on KEY chip_.  SO I decided since there is no optional sound on this one game rom to swap to a 502 (MPU & Motherboard) and the serial# and AFT # problem carried over, even after the MPU & Backplane swap.  New setup after transferring boards involved a clear & key so everything was setup again from scratch, using instructions from here.

Chip on the board is SB101030 and RB says it's the right chip for the 3-Coin, 1-Line, 3-Reel machine.

stlscott:
Has anyone seen the printer show up as "Printer 2" before?

stlscott:
And the PLOT thickens.... :)

So I was helping a friend out and using my machine as a test machine.  After sliding his board into my machine, I went ahead and did a Clear and Key on his board (since it got new chips anyway).  I was able to set up all of the settings on his board without issue, unlike mine...  including machine serial#, AFT #, and his board even saw the printer correctly and printed a cash-out ticket (I emptied credits before giving it back to him). 

So now I know it's not the IO board on the door that was causing issues with the buttons....

Next step - I swapped out the Version chip... then I did a clear/key again... well this allowed me to set the Machine serial # now... which I was not able to do before... so strange.  I could still not set the AFT Asset # though - stuck in the menu with no ability to exit,  however this time, I was able to add a number by pressing BOTH Service & CashOut at the same time (not a toggle like normal function)... but just like before, no way to exit the menu to save it.  I didn't check/test printer yet....   Next step is to swap out the game chip and see if maybe the code is damaged/corrupt... I don't know where the AFT # is stored... but I'm guessing the machine serial# is saved in the Version chip as that resolved the issue there.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version