New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BV Spits out Tickets but Takes Bills  (Read 1902 times)

Offline nevadabob77

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • nevadabob77 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BV Spits out Tickets but Takes Bills
« on: July 05, 2020, 11:49:28 AM »
I have two Game kings both are equipped with Better TITO.  Both bill validators  have worked perfectly for many years.  For the past several months one of the BV’s began spitting out tickets 2 or 3 times before accepting them.  As of a few days ago the BV in question no longer takes tickets at all but it will process currency with no problem and after the machine sits idle for several minutes I get an error message “Call Attendant Bill Validator Jam”.  I tried switching the sensor heads and determined that one of the heads is bad and the other is good. I did try cleaning the optics with soapy water and checked the belts. Both are JVC WBA 10/11/12/13. My question is should I replace the bad head or is there something I can try that might fix it. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BV Spits out Tickets but Takes Bills
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 07:11:06 PM »
Calibration will sometimes fix the ticket issue.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 07:19:41 PM »
Thank you Rick.  I do not have a calibration card.  I have read about the process at JVC troubleshooting guide.  Where can I get a card?

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 01:05:55 AM »
They're scarce and no longer made sadly. If ya dig you can find it but they're INSANELY priced, I saw one for $90. The calibration is SUPER easy and quick to do, flip dip switches 5, 6, 7, and 8 feed the black end in, it will go in and out a few times, flip those 4 switches back and that's it. I had 2 heads with the same issue as yours, bills worked 100% but one head would spit tickets out 10 times before accepting, every time, always 10 rejections. I got a 2nd one to try and it was better, only 3x instead of 10. I got a homemade calibration paper from a friend and they work 100%, haven't spit a ticket out yet. It's just such a PITA and a shame that a 2 min ezpz job is so difficult due to not being able to get the calibration paper, or finding it for insane prices no one would ever pay. If you can get that paper somehow it would fix you right up!

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 03:53:46 AM »
Glad you got yours working! That's where I got my initial replacement as well. The guys at Spininc are super, I've had nothing but good luck with them. I have chronic illnesses so I work on my machine (or play as well tbh) as my body allows me. The head worked fine for bills, but anytime power was lost or the bv reset it would reject any ticket from the TITO kit 10x before taking it, then it was fine. It was literally months before I put it on after I got it, and was told it probably just needed to be calibrated with the paper but they didn't have any there to do so before sending out. They did send me a 2nd head tho after all those months, also letting me keep the 1st head they sent. The 2nd head (which I only paid about $8 to have shipped) would reject them 3x, which I was happy with, def better than 10 rejects before it would take tickets. Then finally getting basically a re-creation of the paper and both heads work perfectly. I couldn't have thanked my friend enough for sharing one with me, and spin for standing behind their product even after many months. I'm happy for sure, 2 perfectly working heads now. One is in the Game King and a known good spare BV head, can't ask for more! :)

Offline nevadabob77

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 04:50:09 AM »
Rep,

You have helped me resolve my slot machine problems several times....I always appreciate your timely comments and sound advice. Thanks!

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 07:48:35 AM »
Aww thanks for the kind words Bob!! It means a lot! I still relatively wet behind the ears with WBAs and Game King stuff, but I learn and enjoy learning as I go. I was a heavy machinery tech for many years and I can no longer do it with my mobility, I can't climb around 12 foot machinery anymore so I enjoy repairing and helping wherever I can. It was just VERY funny timing as I had gone thru exactly what you did within about a weeks time, o I def wanted to pass confirmed info along as I had just calibrated a really bad WBA head (took bills perfectly and then would reject tickets instantly 10 times before accepting basically any time the head lost power or reset) I calibrated it and it works perfectly now. I enjoy learning a lot if the subject matter interests me and this certainly does. I guess my best area would be the old PE+ and DBV200 heads, I've had that machine for well over 10 years and was able to repair a lot either myself, or thru the help of NLG and ofc supporting vendors and the friends I've made along the way. I've been around these boards for MANY years, IRL kinda got in my way, went thru some issues and kinda shut down in any social respects. I've worked past that and am glad to see ppl actually remembered me (this was a few year time frame here) and ofc I've made some new great friends since my return who all have really gone the extra mile to help me in any way they could. And that's what I always loved about NLG was that "family" feel, guys really put themselves aside to help others and I love it. And hearing I've helped people myself couldn't make he happier, shows me how appreciative ppl are and that what I am learning is correct info as well. (Do I ramble or what? Shutup Rep! lol). Again glad I was able to assist you Bob and hope I can in the future as well, feel free to PM anytime, sometimes I kinda go MIA for a week or 2 just depending on my mobility when the heat makes me stay in bed, but glad to help any time buddy, thanks again for the kind words. This is my smile for today, I love waking up to something I know will put a smile on thru my day! :)

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 09:28:52 AM »
Hey Bob, sorry for the delay. I haven't been around NLG much as of late. If ya can, clean up your inbox a bit. I went to PM ya and it's full buddy. TTYS bro! :)

Rep,

You have helped me resolve my slot machine problems several times....I always appreciate your timely comments and sound advice. Thanks!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
There's a thread somewhere here that one of our users posted that made their own calibration paper for these.  Relatively easy to make an cheap.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 05:40:06 AM »
There's a thread somewhere here that one of our users posted that made their own calibration paper for these.  Relatively easy to make an cheap.

Yes, I was sent one of these "replica" calibration papers. Works with zero problems, took care of all the issues. TITO tickets accepted first try every time :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal