New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SIGMA HR-IM I2211 (Jokers Wild) Monitor Works, But no picture  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Green5

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Green5 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
SIGMA HR-IM I2211 (Jokers Wild) Monitor Works, But no picture
« on: September 29, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »
Swapped out power supplies with these new ones and it partial fired up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077T78YLB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
&
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YHN8D1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-Sound came on for boot
-Sound when door is open (although on second power on attempt sound was cutting out for door open or no sound at all.) *Checking swtich tomorrow.
-Lights behind the glass come on every time
-Fan comes on
-Monitor I can hear it come on & when machine is shut off, it flashes white.
*Monitor has orange glow in neck.

Issue: despite monitor looking to be working fine, there is no image.

Any thoughts?

Offline Green5

• NLG

Offline Green5

• NLG
Re: SIGMA HR-IM I2211 (Jokers Wild) Monitor Works, But no picture
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 05:29:48 PM »
Update on this.

I looked over the schematics again and found I missed plugging in the monitor.  What a ridiculous mistake.

Anyway.  on the previous three attempts, both new power supplies worked fine.  However, after hooking up the video, the power supply for the main board started clicking and never fully turning on.  The result was a wavy pulsing screen.

Here is a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w1p387fz-vtlb7takGjpaiQ0P2a940On/view?usp=sharing

Would be very odd if that particular start up was an unrelated time when the PS went bad.

Thoughts on the issue?

Offline Green5

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 04:24:19 PM »
Unplugged Monitor & board.  Checked the power supply and it was 11.91. I turned it up to about 12.12 and going to try again later. with everything hooked back up.

Offline Phan000

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 11:20:37 AM »
Update on this.

I looked over the schematics again and found I missed plugging in the monitor.  What a ridiculous mistake.

Anyway.  on the previous three attempts, both new power supplies worked fine.  However, after hooking up the video, the power supply for the main board started clicking and never fully turning on.  The result was a wavy pulsing screen.

Here is a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w1p387fz-vtlb7takGjpaiQ0P2a940On/view?usp=sharing

Would be very odd if that particular start up was an unrelated time when the PS went bad.

Thoughts on the issue?

I used a similar  PS  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1QKLR8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_JFlFFbQEP3T88]http://Aiposen 110V/220V AC to DC 5V 10A 50W Switch Power Supply Driver,Power Transformer for CCTV Camera/Security System/LED Strip Light/Radio/Computer Project(5V 10A) [url]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1QKLR8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_JFlFFbQEP3T88[/url]to fix the same machine in March.   

Mine only needed one PS.

The sounds in video number one indicate the game is working properly.  The lack of any sounds in video #2 leads me to believe that you may have accidentally messed with a wire for the PS when messing with the monitor.

I would double check all the connections.  Even with a bad monitor, you’d still hear all
sounds.

My joker poker took a bit of trial and error with the amazon Power supply,  but it did work.

Offline Green5

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 03:58:23 PM »
Thank you and you were right about that.  Just had to firm up PS connection.  The monitor is still not going to work as is but, I can get it to boot, accept coins and play a game, sounds are all 💯 fine.  All lights and buttons work.  Just plays blind.

Going to pull the monitor and see what the issue is there.

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 05:35:59 AM »
Hard to say if that monitor is functional.  I had an older Game Maker with a bad CRT.  Could not find anyone to repair it, so I ended up converting it to a lcd pc monitor screen. 

It looks great, but there was a lot of reference material on this site for the wiring conversion.  Not sure if sigma would be similar?

Be really careful
With crt, as they store massive voltage, even when unplugged.

Offline Green5

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 07:43:24 AM »
Could you link me to the location where you picked up an LCD screen that fit?  Mine is about 14 inches diagonal.  13.3 inches for the actual screen.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 07:53:57 AM »
I bought a couple of old pc monitors from thrift stores and offer up

Ended up having to remove the case, but it looks pretty good.

There is a bunch of crt/vga conversion info on the game maker forum.  You’d need to identify which wires do what to make this work on the sigma.  I suspect it is possible though.  Same principal.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=28705.0

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 09:33:31 AM »
I did similar conversions with CRT removal to computer monitor LCD.  I used this passive board from eBay :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174361511810

Just have to figure out the red green blue horizontal and vertical, which should be marked in the plug on the CRT.  Than just make sure the wires match up.

You'll need to take the LCD apart, remove the CRT from the frame, and find a way to mount the lcd.  Id just used four brackets and screws, nbd if you're comfortable and creative. 

The biggest thing to look for in an LCD is the view angle, you want to look for something around +/- 75 degs if possible, otherwise it could be hard to see the screen if it's at a slanted angle. If you're getting a monitor off of offerup, google the model number and look it up on CNET, it'll tell you.  Screen ratio is important too, try to make them match.

If you're super cheap, you don't want to buy that board above , you can just splice out the lcd cable, but for $10 it's not worth it. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 10:06:09 AM by MacGUYver »

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »
Forgot to mention-

The aspect ratio is crucial for the lcd conversion.

You will need a square lcd monitor, which are a little harder to find.  Nearly every modern lcd monitor is a rectangle. 

They are cheap though-  I paid like $10

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
Most crts in these old games seem to be 4:3 aspect ratio, and are you sure diagonal is 14", or 15"?

If 15", measure the width and height and see if it's 4:3 ratio, If so it shouldnt be too hard to find an LCD screen.    Since it's not touch screen (right?) There should only be two sets of plugs coming out the back of the frame, the RGB plug and the 120v plug.  I leave the 120v plug unused, and just plug in the lcd straight into the machines aux plug, most machines have one.  Makes it easier imo.  Than just make sure you take a pic of the RGB plug on the CRTs board, so you know which wires for what.  Than mount the bad boy with some brackets, use some black duct tape to secure it further and boom, $20-$30 CRT to lcd conversion complete. 

I've done 5 of these this summer, saved so much money.  It's a little more difficult if there's a touch screen overlay, but with an exacto knife, it's still doable, just have to be careful not to slice the overlays wires.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal