New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma B-9 poker machine help  (Read 2454 times)

Offline ncrguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ncrguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma B-9 poker machine help
« on: November 15, 2020, 04:10:18 PM »
I saw this machine on FB market place, $100 and the claimed that it worked, then it didn't...
picked it up and got 3 barrel keys with it. I get it home, one key opens the door, the other 2 keys don't do anything, so i can't do a reset I assume there is a way I could jump it.

Its going to be a long dark winter so I have time, I'm in no hurry

screen was just snow, I inspected all the cables found one data cable loose but other then that I turned it on and got snow, tinkered around with knob settings and got some kind of checker board but nothing more then that. I take out the monitor and found a small mouse nest, part of that nest were the stickers off the IC chips (wonderful) cleaned it all out but at this point i think I'm done with this Tube which brings me to 1st question

Is there a Sigma B9 manual out there that might have the pin out of the cables so I can convert it a LCD i have a perfect LCD that's square.

I've browsed around, and did a few searches with no luck.

in my searches I've seen some posts that said when this machine boots it makes sound, I ain't heard a thing from this (except when i turn the volume knob and i get static) which makes me think that the main board which is fifthly might be my issue and that the case, i'll cut my loses now and eat the $100

I am repair tech by trade, I fix things, I have several bally EM machines which I've restored. I got a mean set of tools.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also is the pic that i found in the mouse nest which sits on the 2 IC chips, any chance anyone knows what the payout of the machine from that? i have no clue what this machine is. the belly glass is ballys which is odd i think.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Sigma B-9 poker machine help
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 05:35:33 PM »
Welcome to NLG.  :wave:
One key should work for all three switchs. The one closest to the front is the reset, the middle lights up the internal meters and the far one shows last game played.
Before you even attempt an LCD conversion, we need to help you get the machine up and running. I'll start with a few things, and then the pros will chime in... hopefully soon!
If you've restored EM machines, it shouldn't be hard to check wiring.  I'd start check EVERY connector and insure they're all seated, no bent pins, etc. Make sure the MPU board is firmly seated into the socket and any IC's in connectors are firmly in. I have the same machine. It was DOA when I got it home and running in an hour. Mine doesn't make any noise on start up, but after you close an open the door, an electronic alarm sounds.
Try all this first, and report back.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 10:00:01 PM »
checked all connections, all seated good no wires missing or cracked. battery tested and showing 3.4 with unit off and 3.8 when on.
the red leds on the bottom board are on and will change when buttons on door are pressed. There is no sound at all when i change the door interlock. the door lock has been changed, as there is no way they shipped it with two washers to make it fit.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 10:08:18 PM »
when reseating and checking cables on the main board i think this is the problem, something leaked or was spilled on it. it should be dirty everywhere given the age, granted the cleaner part in by the fan but it don't jive. besides the led's on the lower board that change when you push the buttons on the door if i turn the RGB nobs on the main board it changes the screen color which is nothing but screwed up.

also is the checklist that was under the hopper when it was serviced.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 07:46:59 PM »
Sadly i have to report that after installing the LCD conversation board I still have nothing, I was able to figure out the pin out from the connections on the old tube. Once powered up i can get the lcd to display some garbage lines of nothing, as with the old tube monitor. So after checking and rechecking all cables and plugs, I get nothing at all, never get any sound of any kind or movement from the hopper.
Anyone here have any kind of manual for this machine, know what the dip switches on the main board do? is there a master reset? are these reset locks keys orderable?

I've spent the beeter part of a week searching for anything, only to come up empty except one person selling the manual on ebay for $30 in digital form which is BS and won't pay that on principal, Found a few websites selling Sigma boards but not any B-9's I'm not one to quit when it comes to a restore job and will just set it aside, but again any help or docs would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 09:42:24 AM »
You might a problem with the MPU board. I would have held off on that conversion unit the board was fixed.
You best bet is probably asking NLG member Badbaud (Alan at KLAR). I'll PM him now but you can also just click on the link on the vendor page for his contact information.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »
I do have a Sigma B09 operations manual, it does have wiring diagrams but no board schematics.
PM me your email address and I can send you a PDF.
badbaud
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »
Thank you, PM sent

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 01:23:31 PM »
You might a problem with the MPU board. I would have held off on that conversion unit the board was fixed.

I did the conversion to eliminate a tube problem, which I did, the card has a few inputs, the others say no signal when I put it on RGB it don't say that so there is something there, however that something is nothing. Bad roms or dead board, I heard that if I pulled the roms I would anything so I didn't do that to troubleshoot. Checked the voltages going to board and it's 120.

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 09:56:17 AM »
I would see is maybe shortrackskater has a ROM dump of his machine and I would try those in your machine. When you get to it, I can cut you some of the C5550 keys you can email me at jadelutis@gmail.com.
Thanks,
Justin

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal