**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > SIGMA Reel Games

Sigma SG50 Power Supply Help

<< < (2/3) > >>

Amechanic:
Question.. Have you checked for bad caps in those three PS? I had a Sigma a few year back that had one bad PS. I found 1 bad cap inside. Once replaced the PS worked again. I just had to adj the output voltage..

wolfetrac:
No, I don't know how to test the caps. 

MacGUYver:

You might have already done this, sorry...

quick and dirty capacitor visual check.  First and foremost, YouTube it real quick.  If you don't know what capacitor s look like, most are radial, ie a cylinder with two wire legs.  The ones in the power supply will be "scored" on top.  There's two basic tests:

1) look horizontally across the top.  If it's popped up, the score marks are not flush, it's most likely dead.  They score the top to allow the caps to pop up and not explode all over.  This raised roof means replace it.

2) look for leakage out the bottom , or top too.  If you see leakage, that's bad, replace it.

If you replace any, just pay attention to polarity.

I had a sigma powersupply that was dead.  Tried a cap replacement on all but was still no go.  No one had a direct replacement, found an expensive onrle from jameco.  But than decided to just buy each individual voltage ps from eBay and made my own little harness.  Was like $25 or something, just had to wait the 2-8weeks from china shipment . Just have to make sure you buy eniugh wattage/amps, I think it's defined in the manual.  Either that or I derived it, I forgot.  Good luck!

MacGUYver:
Also, you did check the fuse in the PS, right?

wolfetrac:
Checked the Caps & Fuse.  All looks good.  I purchased  a replacement unit from Mean Well.  It is working great now.  Thanks for everyone's help and useful suggestions.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version