**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Reel Games

Multiple tilts on an E Series slot (Solved)

(1/7) > >>

br549autosales:
I have had similar problems with this machine before and now just about every spin I get the following tilts:

All 3 reels spin and stop then a tilt 72 shows

All 3 reels spin and stop then a tilt 73 shows

1st and 2nd reels spin and stop then a tilt 93 shows

1st reel spins and stops then a tilt 42 shows

1st reel spins and stops then a tilt 92 shows

About every 5-7th spin, they will all spin and stop properly without any tilts.

I have tried adjusting the reel readers left and right and no change

I have cleaned the LEDs with a Q-tip and alcohol

I have oiled the reel mechs with a hypodermic needle oiler

Any other things I can try to resolve this evil machine?

Thanks,

David

br549autosales:
Don't know why the pics showed up sideways, they are upright in my saved pics

dhellis:
All of these errors point to indexing or reading the reel readers but none show up for reel 1. You might want to take
reel reader 1 and swap it over to reel reader 2 and see if you get 71 or 91 errors. As long as you have the reel readers
out, clean the bulbs too. I have seen numerous times where the bulb is dirty enough so that the measured voltage
on the photo transistor can drop to below 2 volts, typically this voltage will be a bit more than 4 volts.
You mentioned you cleaned the LED's (photo-transistors) I would dip a Q-Tip in alcohol and using a twisting motion
push a bit harder and clean them again. One user on the old forum did this and despite not working after the first
cleaning found that it did work when done as I had instructed.

Remove the IO card and take a wire brush to the connecting pins, I have found several dirty connectors that are bad
enough to make things fail. On one card it did not allow about half of the triacs to turn on.

The only other component is the reel reader decoder, it doesn't make sense for this to be the cause because if it
can read one card, it can read all 3 of the cards. Just keep in mind that stranger things have happened.

br549autosales:
Thanks, I will move the #1 reel reader over to the 2nd reel and put #2 reader in the #1 spot and clean the LEDs again as you said to do. I don't know if this info helps it not but on test #8 I can pull the handle and all the reels spin and stop correctly every time. I will wire brush the I/O board as well.
Thanks for the info

br549autosales:

--- Quote from: dhellis on March 21, 2014, 11:41:00 PM ---All of these errors point to indexing or reading the reel readers but none show up for reel 1. You might want to take
reel reader 1 and swap it over to reel reader 2 and see if you get 71 or 91 errors. As long as you have the reel readers
out, clean the bulbs too. I have seen numerous times where the bulb is dirty enough so that the measured voltage
on the photo transistor can drop to below 2 volts, typically this voltage will be a bit more than 4 volts.
You mentioned you cleaned the LED's (photo-transistors) I would dip a Q-Tip in alcohol and using a twisting motion
push a bit harder and clean them again. One user on the old forum did this and despite not working after the first
cleaning found that it did work when done as I had instructed.

Remove the IO card and take a wire brush to the connecting pins, I have found several dirty connectors that are bad
enough to make things fail. On one card it did not allow about half of the triacs to turn on.

The only other component is the reel reader decoder, it doesn't make sense for this to be the cause because if it
can read one card, it can read all 3 of the cards. Just keep in mind that stranger things have happened.

--- End quote ---

When you say to clean the bulbs, do you mean the reel reader LEDs? If not,what and where are the bulbs located?

Thanks,

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version