New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Cant seem to find the same answer twice..  (Read 2361 times)

Offline jim7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • jim7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Cant seem to find the same answer twice..
« on: December 03, 2020, 06:06:59 AM »
Have a DBV-200-A344
Serial Number 005142834
V2.32.04 0563
ID 044045WS

It only takes old money on the bigger bills what do I need to do to upgrade it to accept all bills? Been looking around and been getting conflicting answers. Please help
Thanks
Jim

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Cant seem to find the same answer twice..
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »
First , determine if the unit is flashed or eprom.

appears you are using this on a Bally or Williams,  IDO044,  should be a SH or SG version, with a mounted input as part of the plastic!

to determine what bills it will accept you can do this test, undo the head from the transport, flip switch #6 in the small set of dip switches to off, use the machine power supply, turn on the machine holding the 200 head in your hand, now flip # 6 to on, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert any bill into the unit, it will accept what ever it is programmed to accept and reject all others.

if your unit is flashed, then to up grade it it would have to be re flashed for the latest software, if eprom, then you could purchase a eprom with the latest version,  I think the latest version for Bally was 2.7, NOT SURE ABOUT THAT,

hope this helps
Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
The last available version for the dbv is:

United States   DBV-200   SH   044WP/045WP   2.61-05   19F7   04F7

It will accept new $50, $20, and $10.  It will not accept the new $5, or new $100

This is the latest technical bulleting from JCM's site.

For whatever reason I cannot locate your particular software version at JCM's site.  What machine is this running on?  WMS 400 series stepper? Bally?

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 12:04:12 PM »
Here are some pics. Its a buddies machine and you remove the bills from the side of the machine.. never seen that before
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:17:22 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 02:27:33 PM »
It's a 400 series WMS stepper.  May even be a dotmation (it has a 10 inch plasma display in the top box to display bonus information).  You need to pull the head out and look underneath to see if it has a socketed chip, or a flash chip soldered to be board.  If it is socketed, you can just buy a chip with the latest version (which again, only allows for new $10, $20 and $50, not $5's or $100s).  If it is flash based, you need to send the head to someone who can flash the newer version of the firmware.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jim7

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 03:45:18 PM »
Some more pics. It is appears to be a chip unit. I am concerned that this version does not appear in the manual. Where could I find a chip with the new updated version

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 03:47:51 PM »
I'm sure Jim has one, if not....just place a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG.

In there, a vendor/member may spot it have one for ya!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 08:54:45 AM »
V2.70-05 was the last update. Takes everything except newest $100.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »
Anybody know where to get the JCM calibration paper?  :scratch-head_2:
Would this be it?

https://www.changeitalia.com/shop/calibation-instruments-jcm/jcm-reference-paper/?lang=en

Some other info I found...>>>

http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/GKplusDraw/BV%20Calibration.pdf

Maybe a moderator can move this to another spot if it's not helpful in this post?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 09:39:59 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 09:27:14 AM »
Anybody know where to get the calibration paper?  :scratch-head_2:
"The auto-calibration method has been modified and will appear a little bit different.  It has been improved: (1) As a final step, the reference paper is drawn completely into the head and the front sensors adjusted without paper.  (2)  If the bill validator fails to calibrate correctly, the reference paper will be held by the validator head. (3) Reference paper is held a little longer.  This will allow LED’s to adjust longer and achieve better stability."[/b]

This is what he said that you can't read ...

"The auto-calibration method has been modified and will appear a little bit different.  It has been improved: (1) As a final step, the reference paper is drawn completely into the head and the front sensors adjusted without paper.  (2)  If the bill validator fails to calibrate correctly, the reference paper will be held by the validator head. (3) Reference paper is held a little longer.  This will allow LED’s to adjust longer and achieve better stability."

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 09:31:53 AM »
Thanks Ken...I even tried to enlarge it but it wouldn't work and I think that paper I posted up above is for some other newer head?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 09:41:05 AM »
This is what I have for the old stuff from 2001.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 10:58:08 AM »
I only have one of those papers left and ain't giving it up. Somewhere on NLG was a post on how to make your own.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal