New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Yet another DBV-200 question  (Read 2037 times)

Offline ArizonaMatt

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ArizonaMatt New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Yet another DBV-200 question
« on: January 24, 2022, 04:49:20 PM »
Hello all. New to the forum and slot machines. I have a 96 Ballys S5500.  My DBV-200-A344 is only showing 2 red LED's and not accepting bills. It goes through the typical initialize sequence but the LED's never turn green and will not try to take a bill. I tried the power up with the #6 dip switch deal to no avail. I'm wondering if I need a new BV or a set chip. Either way, I need help lol. This machine has a coin Mech that operates as it should, but bills would certainly be handy. Thanks!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Yet another DBV-200 question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 05:58:13 PM »
What is the history ? Did it use to work?  There is no set chip procedure on the Bally 5500 for the BV. Just a dip switch on the MPU that enables it. Have you opened the top of the DBV200 and cleaned the upper and lower optics?

Offline ArizonaMatt

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 07:04:42 PM »
Thank you for the reply. The BV hasn't worked since I bought the machine. The previous owner said it did work until he left it unplugged for an extended period of time. I did gently clean the optics by opening the top of the BV to no avail. I see two solid red LED lights on the circuit board of the BV and two red led's on the face.o

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 04:59:32 AM »
Check the MPU to see if the dip switch settings JW3 switches 5 off and 6 on .  Does the bill stacker make a cycle as well?

Offline ArizonaMatt

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 06:46:32 AM »
The only dip switch that is on was #3 on the main board. The bill transporter is running but I assume that's just because it's gear driven off the BV. The bill stacker motor does not run at initialization (the white gear sticking out the top of the stacker)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 07:17:52 AM »
Turn on switch #6 and then do a clear

Offline ArizonaMatt

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 07:24:25 AM »
I apologize for my newness, but turn on #6 on the main board or the bv? What is the procedure for clearing? Thank you!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 03:49:10 PM »
Locate JW3 on the mainboard. Be sure #6 is on position.  If it is currently in the off position and you need to switch it on , you will have to do a clear procedure for the change of the switch to be applied to the new setting.

With power OFF. Remove the mainboard (MPU) and on the lower right corner is a set of pins labeled SRAM - JW10. It should have a black jumper onto one pin. Remove it from the one pin and reinstall it onto both pins.   Now reinstall the board into the machine being sure the edges of the metal tray are into the plastic guides of the tray housing and be sure the board is fully seated as they are tight fit.
Now on the outside front of the board and tray is some black pushbutton switches. Locate TEST and PSEUDO. Press each button about 10 times to be sure the switch gets a good connection internally.  Locate the main power switch for the machine on the inside lower left of the cabinet.
Now press and hold the TEST and PSEUDO buttons in, while holding in these buttons turn on the power switch, KEEP holding in the TEST and Pseudo buttons and wait till you see the letters on the outside of the door display showing CLC. When that message appears you can let go of the TEST and PSEUDO buttons. Turn the main power switch off.  Pull the mainboard out and put the JW10 jumper back onto one pin . Reinstall the mainboard. Turn the main power switch ON. KEEP THE DOOR OPEN ! The reels will turn and dance for a calibration and then stop. At this point look on the display on the outside of the door and it should show a 50 message. Close the door and see if the BV turns on.

Offline ArizonaMatt

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 08:38:41 PM »
Thank you for the detailed process! When I pulled the MPU, switch 6 was already on. I was mistaken earlier. I did do a clear procedure and got exactly what you were saying would happen, but still no BV. I'm wondering if it's just a bad unit. It is kinda noisy. While I was in there, I flipped JW3 #7 so I get crazy reels just for fun. Perhaps I should try to locate another BV?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 07:15:25 AM »
Send a PM to Jim Midwest Slots. He may have a Bally head

Offline ArizonaMatt

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 07:27:38 AM »
 :thank_you:

Offline Slots4me

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Slots4me New User barely matters.Slots4me New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 07:48:05 AM »
Send a PM to Jim Midwest Slots. He may have a Bally head
Jim just sent me a DBV200 head this week
THANKS JIM

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal