**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker

Sircoma SG 103, question

<< < (2/6) > >>

rokgpsman:

--- Quote from: Shadow-moses on July 06, 2016, 09:55:09 PM ---I guess if anyone needs sircoma SG 103 parts I got them, quite a few of them lol

--- End quote ---

After you get all/many of those machines running you'll be the NLG expert on Sircoma, which is needed.   :garfield:

Glad to have you here!   :wave:

Shadow-moses:
Thanx, anybody know what battery is used on these, I've read two different things does it use a 3.7 volt or 4.5 volt, here is what the old one looks like, it's 2 inches long

rokgpsman:
I think that is an older nicad battery, they were used in machines years ago. The machine's main circuit board (mpu board) had a charging circuit to keep them charged so when it was turned off the battery would keep the cmos memory alive. The same or similar battery was used on the Bally E-1000 machines. I don't think you can find a new exact battery anymore but you can substitute another one with the same or close voltage. The machine doesn't care as long as the voltage is correct, so any battery that will fit and is about the same voltage will work. If you remove the old battery there may be writing on it that gives the battery voltage spec. I'd guess that 4.5 volts would be correct for the original battery, based on the Sircoma manuals I've looked at. But I'd think a 3.6 volt lithium would be easier to find and would work ok, the cmos chip is spec'd to retain data as long as it has about 2 volts or higher on it.

But the newer batteries that people usually put in nowadays are not rechargeable, they are either normal AA batteries in a little battery holder or a long-lasting lithium style battery. This means you are supposed to disable the charging circuit on the mpu board, usually done by removing a resistor that is inline with the charging circuit and replace it with a diode. The diode lets the battery voltage go out to the cmos ram but doesn't allow any charging voltage to get back to the new non-chargeable AA or lithium battery. If you can find a schematic drawing of the Sircoma mpu board and can post it I can show you better what I mean by all this. Also you can read thru the Bally E-1000 threads to see how it is done on those machines.

rokgpsman:

--- Quote from: Shadow-moses on July 10, 2016, 08:34:52 PM ---Yeah, I see what you mean after digging into them, there is very little info on these unfortunately

--- End quote ---

I looked in the NLG download area, there are some Sircoma manuals, see screenshot photo below of the Sircoma download area (it is located as a submenu under the IGT download area). But the manuals are short, only about 18-22 pages and they are more of an operator's guide, no board schematics, just some chassis wiring drawings. For download access you'd need to make a contribution to NLG website, can be just about any amount, either as a one time thing for 30 days privileges, or on a continuing basis for continuing privileges. See the home page for info, left side of screen. Becoming a Contributing Member also gets you listing capability in the Classifieds area for selling stuff.

This place has some Sircoma manuals for sale, but they appear to be the same ones here on NLG:
http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/sirc/

By the way, Sircoma was the name of a slot machine company for about 3 years, then they changed its name to IGT.
It looks like the lower glass on your Hi-Lo Poker machine has "IGT" written on it.

Check this out for something interesting about the Sircoma company:
http://www.videopokerinfo.com/history.htm

RiseLikeRa:
Since I now have 4 of the of the old IGT, Sicoma, Fortune Coin games I really enjoyed reading the history.  Thank you and Thank NLG.

Ra

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version