**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT S and S-plus Reel Games
S+ new owner, few issues
(1/7) > >>
PStuart:
I got an S+ Double Diamond w/ IGT SP872 game chip.  Upon plugging in I got an error 12.  The previous owner had purchased a replacement battery that didn't have leads and couldn't get it to sit correct so they gave it up to me (for free!!).  They were trying to solder directly to the battery.

I purchased the correct battery with leads and soldered to the board.  Confirmed 3.6VDC to the board w/multimeter.

While I was waiting for the battery I did my homework and read through forums and the field service manual.  After powering on after the battery swap, I got error 61 as expected.  I closed door and hit the reset key.  The "Coins Played" show 0-1-0, the candle has a slow top flash and a fast bottom flash.  The manual tells me that's an "All pays door open".  This is where I'm starting to fee doubtful about my troubleshooting...

I believe this means that the optics are sensing the door is open.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I used my cellphone to see if the optics are functioning.  I didn't see a pulse, but the optic mounted to the door looked like it had a faint constant transmission, it was really tough to tell.  I'm thinking the next step is to replace the optics.  I'd really like to get the machine functioning, even with a temporary fix on the optics to make sure the machine as a whole functions.  I'm ok with ordering new optics if that's what my next step is, but hoping for some pointers or tips just to make sure I'm on the right path here.  Looking forward to being a part of this community too!

-Peter
Paul:
When you get the 61 you have to hold the white reset button till you hear a ding or for 5seconds
and you get 61 1 on the display.
You then shut the door and turn the reset key.
PStuart:
Thanks, after reading into this some more you are absolutely correct.  I powered on and let it get to 61 again.  I held the white reset button 2-3 seconds and heard the 'ding' and got the 61-1.  Close door and hit reset key.  Looked good for a second then gave me a 61 again.
I tried the white reset button again but now no response from it.  I powered the machine down completely and back up, back to 61 error and still no response from white reset button.

I'm guessing I'm now in the "61 loop" I've been reading about.  I read all the warnings about using a clear chip; before I resort to that option, is there anything else I should try?
Paul:
No your in the 61 loop and the only recourse is to do a clear and setup.
PStuart:
That's what I figured.

I haven't seen much documentation on what to expect when I do one.  Is there a guide anywhere or step-by-step?  I'm an IT guy comfortable around electronics, just first time I've "dabbled" in slot machines.  I see the chips available on ebay, does anybody recommend other sources for obtaining the chips?  Once it's cleared, what can i expect for the setup process?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442

Go to full version