**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > Bally Maverick

Battery replacement in Bally Montana Video Poker Machine

(1/4) > >>

tommyboy1951:
How do you replace the battery on the mother board in a Ballys Deuces Wild or I was told it is a Bally Montana made in 1992. The model number is : VPOKB3-LT . I was told that the battery is located in the stack up of chips on the left side of the board. How do you get inside the chip to get the battery out and replace with a new one. Is there any thing available on the market to replace it with. After the battery has been replaced, what else has to be done to get the machine running again. I actually have 2 of these the same. The games both power up and it shows 5 cards on the screen, but that is it. Each machine shows various errors. It won't accept coins. Maybe replacing the battery might take care of most of the problem. Any ideas?

rokgpsman:
Post some photos of the board with where you think the battery is located. You said it was the motherboard, but what about the mpu (main logic) board, that is often where a battery is located. Anyway, photos are always helpful on a problem like this and will get your best chance at getting help.

I'm not familiar with this model of machine, don't know if a bad battery will cause the problems you are seeing. Did the machines you have ever work properly, then stopped at some point - or were they in this condition when you got them?

tommyboy1951:
Here is a pic of the board. I talked to Larry Webber in Las Vegas and he is familiar with this game. He said it is actually called a Bally Maverick. He said the battery is located in a stack up of chips. He has new ones and I ordered a couple of them along with a clear chip to install after the battery is replaced. I probably won't receive them until early next week. These 2 machines are the way I bought them. The guy I bought them from said they worked at one time when he had them, but they sat for quite some time not being used. So I would think that replacing the batteries might help them out and give us some new ways to repair them. I will post the new update after I get the batteries installed. Thanks, Tom

rokgpsman:
Sounds like you have a repair plan with it and Larry will be able to help. I was trying to figure out what you meant when you said a "stack up of chips"??  By that do you mean one of the socketed chips? There are some chips that contain a battery, they are usually installed in sockets, often called a "Dallas" chip after the name of the company that makes one variety of them. The battery is fabricated inside the chip when it is made, you can't replace the battery itself, have to replace the entire chip. Anyway, I think you are right about the battery likely needing to be replaced and hopefully will take care of things.

Also, this board in your photo is generally called an mpu or the main logic board. A motherboard is a different sort of animal in slot machines, it is the less complex interconnect board that other circuit boards connect to. Not all slot machine have a motherboard. [on computers the term "motherboard" does mean the main logic board, this is where the confusion comes from]

tommyboy1951:
Yes , you are right. It is a Dallas chip and I assume that I will be receiving the entire chip that holds the battery. I took off the top chip and underneath was the chip marked Dallas. Larry will walk me through the installation and hopefullyI will get it right. I will keep you posted. Thanks, Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version