NLG Users Repair Logs and Other Ramblings. Request your very own topic. Just ask any site staff. > Buzz's General Insanity. Enter at your own Risk !!!

Just BS

(1/7) > >>

Buzz:
I may as well break in this new site with some more of my famous BS.

This one has been weighing on my mind for quite a while. How many times have I read " Turn power off before removing the board", now I'm not going to try and convince anyone to install or remove a part with the power on, but can just one person post here that they know for a fact that they damaged a part by forgetting to turn the power off.

The only lights I have in my living room are the lights from (20) slot machines, if at night I'm doing something with a machine, I turn the power off, remove the board, and turn the power back on so I can see what I'm doing. More often than not I forget to turn the power back off before reinstalling the board. As for as I know I have never damaged a part by removing or installing it with the power on. I've heard all about the arcing and burnt pins and have yet to see it.

If you by chance have a CDS machine, disregard all of the above. A CDS I suggest you turn power off if only removing coins from the hopper.

cowboygames:
When I cooked a 9 line display and IO board it was when I plugged the IO in with the power on

TheAirBalancer:
I know some people here that routinely pull out a monitor (LCD or CRT) with the power ON and they chuckled when I questioned it, despite the warning stickers. I still don't have the guts to try it.  :o 

SolidSilver:
Buzzer,  I can no longer sit idly by while you demean yourself  in public by continually referring to your vast knowledge and brilliant insight as Bullshit (BS)!
It is high time you embraced a concept that is absolutely basic to any Marketing professional; and that is the difference between Bullshit and Steer Manure:

BS is a randomly distributed noxious “hick” substance so generally offensive that it cannot even be given away.

SM is a highly desirable agricultural and horticultural medium essential to the proper nurturing of civilized society, and represents more than $100 billion in worldwide sales every year.

Buzz, you are not a bullshitter; you are a Purveyor of  High Class Steer Manure.  :Tongue_Out:

Buzz:
Does that mean that I can expect a check in the mail ?? I could sure use the money !!

When I'm told the site is dead and to start  :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: , I try to use the biggest stick I can find.  I even believe some of this BS I write, up to you to figure out what I believe and what I don't.  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version