**Video Poker, Keno, Slots, 21** Gaming machines > BALLY Game Maker

Sound Issues... round 2

(1/3) > >>

SilverFerret:
Some of you may recall that I've had some weird sound issues on my Game Maker where some of the sounds are present and some have disappeared. For instance, when I make a bet, I hear a ding (as I should) but when the cards where dealt (in video poker) I wouldn't hear the dealing cards sound. In keno as the numbers are drawn I would hear nothing but when a chosen number was hit, I would hear the ding that I was supposed to....
On to round 2...
Same issue but now some of the sounds that were missing last time are back and other sounds that were there are now missing. For instance I hear the card dealing sound but no longer hear the sound when a chosen keno number is hit.
It was working fine for a few month and I'm not sure what I did to fixed it last time. I did clean whatever contacts I could and tried to move the EPROMs a bit to hopefully scrape off any build up that may be making a contact issue.
I'll try the same thing but does anyone have an idea about this that I haven't tried?
Thanks, Jim

dextrose42:
Does the rom check pass in the diagnostic menu?  That might track down which chip isn't talking correctly.  Could be bad /dirty chip sockets or chip legs.  If the legs are black they would need cleaned.     

SilverFerret:
Everything seems to pass the test but the sounds. I did the Eprom test and the mains and games all passed. Only when I go to the sound test and touch each of the sounds, only some make sound. The ones that don't are:
Button
Service
Tilt
Reel Spin
Number Match
Number Pick and
Tone
I lifted and replaced all the game Eproms and the mains but no change.
Thanks, Jim

dextrose42:
Did it take a lot of force to get the chips out of the socket?  If you can pull the chips out with just your fingers, the sockets are "bad".  I've  also seen legs getting folded over or missing the socket entirely when people reseat them.

SilverFerret:
IMO all the sockets seem fine and hold the EProms snug as they should be and all the legs are fine. It's odd because the sound issues span multiple games, not just any one in particular.
Thanks, Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version