Bill Validators, Currency Acceptors and Printers > MEI Mars Bill Validators

Need Help with Mei on Williams BB1

(1/1)

NeoNeo2:
I got this MEI scxl6627R (RS232) in a BB1 WMS slot machine, but it doesn't recognized it.  The MEI does power on during startup and connections seems correct, but no communication link. The green light blinks, not sure if that means it's not ready. Can anyone help?

rickhunter:
Look at the control board that is on the housing (the one left behind when you pull the MEI head out of the cage).  If the board that remains has a piggy backed daughter card installed, your validator is flashed with the easytrax option, it will not work without additional com equipment.  Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of easytrax is to reflash the head with the option turned off.  You will also need to remove the daughtercard form the control board I believe, I've always removed the daughter board after having the head re-flashed.  So I can't verify 100% for sure if it is required, but I was told to remove it.  I've also only use 6607R's withe BB1.  I don't really know what a 6627r is.

NeoNeo2:
Thanks.

Firebird:
The SC6627 is a retail version of the MEI head, not seen  in gaming much, but I would think it would still work. May just need to be re-flashed with WMS firmware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version