Game Emulators > Homebrew and Custom Game Emulators

Konami Game - Money in the Bank Classic

(1/1)

Eddiie:
I am sorry that I do not know the name of the main processor of this game, but looking for an emulator that will play this game.
I think I found the ROMs on a ROM site, and MAME sees it, gives warning the emulation is incomplete, starts to load and that's pretty much it.

Short of buying this machine, does anyone have any threads I can tug on?

Crash0:
You may need a different version of Mame

Heihachi_73:
Updated Jan 2023:

Konami video slots aren't playable in MAME just yet. While there have been a few Konami slots dumped and added to MAME for preservation, the hardware itself isn't fully documented/emulated so the games aren't working properly. While the Tasman hardware is based on the old 16-bit Konami GX arcade hardware, it's different enough to the arcade games that it isn't a straight fit, so the games don't work at this stage.

Likewise, the one and only Endeavour (PowerPC-based) series game MAME has that is complete (Enchanted Lamp), it only goes as far as being set up (non-US games don't need setchips as every game has the setup info already programmed into them) but isn't playable as several other components have not been emulated yet. Like the Tasman, the board is again a Konami arcade parts bin but arranged differently. The other Endeavour games are all missing the flash data (the flash chips are surface-mounted so much harder to dump, particularly for Average Joe with a regular old EPROM programmer and no soldering experience) so they fail to boot at all.

K2V (which Money in the Bank Classic seems to run on) and later platforms like KP3 etc. are completely unemulated and AFAIK no dumps even exist for these games. K2V hardware has the added bonus of an iButton protection device - which looks like a really fat CR2032 battery but is in fact a ROM chip containing crucial read-protected data - which is designed to erase itself if it detects an unauthorized read attempt or tampering, or if its internal supercapacitor "battery" dies; it's basically a newer version of the Dallas DS5002FP of Gaelco arcade infamy. Not sure whether the iButton is used across in Konami slots across the entire world but just the thought of it sends shivers down the spine of anyone trying to preserve games which are pushing twenty years old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version