**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > IGT Reel Touch Games

Yet another "Display's NETPLEX link is down"

(1/3) > >>

Crrispy:
Hello,
My Denver Duck has this common error, and at the end of the PC Boot displays "Machine has a problem, Call attendant" on the touch screen. It already happened last year after I moved to a new house, then disappeared, don't know how. And last time we switched it on last week, we could make a few spins, then it stopped with this error which is now permanent. Machine is only switched on maybe 5-6 times a year for a few hours.

1) I checked my power supply and it's a "3Y Power" CP-9826.  Does not seem to be the most commonly failing PSU from what I've already read. Should I change all the caps anyway? After a few minutes when the PC has finished booting, the reels spin so the CPU basic operations seems to work properly. Machine is from 2006 so OK, caps are 12 years old, but I have 12 to 25 years old pinball machines that work fine with the original caps, too :-)

2) I have a 1270 enhanced mpu, can I safely remove the Varta battery before it causes more problems? I read in another post that it's possible if removing U16 too? Or is it risky on a Reel Touch?

Thanks.

qbert:
Yes you should remove the green battery and the U16 on your enhanced board. You must remove U16 when you do this.
 Because you rarely operate this machine that may indeed be your problem. If the green battery goes dead you will get the netplex error. Sometimes you could leave the machine on for a few hours then reboot and sometimes it will work. Best just to remove the U16 and green battery.
Is the top box booting normally? If it is the top power supply is good.
What does the VFD say on it. Netplex down....

The laneman:
When I was getting that error it was my bottom power supply.It can be what qbert said also.

Crrispy:

--- Quote from: qbert on August 19, 2018, 05:00:10 PM ---Yes you should remove the green battery and the U16 on your enhanced board. You must remove U16 when you do this.
 Because you rarely operate this machine that may indeed be your problem. If the green battery goes dead you will get the netplex error. Sometimes you could leave the machine on for a few hours then reboot and sometimes it will work. Best just to remove the U16 and green battery.
Is the top box booting normally? If it is the top power supply is good.
What does the VFD say on it. Netplex down....

--- End quote ---

Hello,

OK, I will remove the battery and U16, but meanwhile will try to power it on a few hours.
The top box is booting normally, yes, up to the blue screen "call attendant".
VFD says "Display's NETPLEX link is down" as soon as the machine is powered on, and the message stays there. But when it has finished booting the wheels spin as usual.

Thanks.

Crrispy:
Well, I reseated the BV, the reels, the MPU daughterboard and the MPU and... it works  :dancing_2: .... not sure why, though. Next step will be to remove battery and U16 anyway before it leaks. At least I know it's not the power supply.

Edit: was too nice of course.. 2 hours and a few spins later, boom! crash! during a spin, displays netplex down again, call attendant, wheels spinning non stop, powered it down.  :no:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version