**Reel Slots** Gaming Machines > Bally Alpha Reel Games

Noisy Alpha reels

(1/7) > >>

keystone9:
Got tired of listening to the noisy reels on one of my Alpha's so after a few beverages I got to thinking about how company's use rubber items to quiet my compound bow. So I got some government issue rubber bands (the ones I get in my mail from the post office) and wrapped them around the outside of the reels as shown in the photos. Magic! No more noise. Super quiet. Now I know government issue will not last, I know these bands are going to pop in less than a week, but maybe some one out there can pick up on this and come up with a long lasting rubber band. Don't forget to let me know. Just thought I would share this with everyone because everyone shares shit with me. Bill.

CVslots:
Hmm...so... :Scratch-Head:  It is vibration then, and the rubber band (in this instance) absorbs and quiets the excess noise. So what can we put on the inside of the reels to do the same (not that I don't like the look of your reels Bill). Remember how Bally applies adhesive to each crossbar on the reels and sticks the strips to it? I wonder if that padded/foam with the double sided stickem would absorb any vibration (and thus sound)?

Don't know just brainstorming here. I think we only have a couple Alphas in the shop right now, but I will try and play around with them if any of them have noisy reels! Sounds like a fun little experiment for a Sunday afternoon! (Man, I really lead a wild life don't I? To think that's my idea of fun...thats pitiful.)

Roz

keystone9:
Same here. Bill.

keystone9:
I went to Staples today and looked around for some rubber bands. What I found was a package of "large rubber bands", which are nicely colored. Came back to the shop and I had this Alpha that sounded like a nest of chipmunks when spinning, so I put some of these cool yellow rubber bands on the outside edge of all the reels, I use a pick to push them to the edge, and bingo, no more noise. Now if you slide the reel glass to the left you hardly notice the rubber bands, or you can listen to the chatter if you don't like the looks of the band. We'll see how long they last. Bill.

mvco:
Interesting.  I have a 5 reeler that has had several game changes, so of course the glue on thise ribs is not adhering well anymore.  Noisy as hell.  hope we find a clean solution for this crap.  I had  athought, when putting on the reel strips, I wonder if using a heat gun the those ribs to warm and loosen up the glue, would that maybe work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
Go to full version